Peters sets a new low for ice time...

LabattBlue

He still makes a lot more than we do for playing a game we all love.

...and this is supposed to make me feel better about Peters taking up a roster spot? ;)

Maybe he was the stick boy during last night's game. Did you ever think of that?

I didn't think of that, but it would have been pretty damn funny if that was the case! :lol: :lol:

And he's still probably a better player then most of the people posting on this board too

Undoubtedly. I've played in leagues with ex-pros/minor leaguers/etc. and even the borderline guys from those leagues are head and shoulders above everyone. Jeff Odgers comes to mind.

Undoubtedly. I've played in leagues with ex-pros/minor leaguers/etc. and even the borderline guys from those leagues are head and shoulders above everyone. Jeff Odgers comes to mind.

Agreed. I've skated with Rob Ray and also with Richie Dunn. You can't believe how good a fourth-line NHL'er is as compared to regular guys like us.

Just to add a little fuel to Labatt's fire.

Let's compare.

Andjuice Peters 27 gp 0 g 0a 0p 50 pims (6 majors) 3:56 minutes per game $460,000 per year

Chris Thornburn 27 gp 3 g 2a 5p 50 pim (6 majors) 8:08 minutes per game $450,000 per year

Why did we let this kid go inorder to keep Juice? He seems to do everything Juice does. He fights. That's all Juice does. Thornburn does that. Can handle a decent amount of ice time per game. And he can score. For $10,000.00 less.

It's time for the NHL to throw out the trash. It's time that players like Scot Nichols and Jason Peters are told they aren't welcome in the "New NHL".

The NHL needs to put up a sign. "Talented Players Only Need Apply". The trash needs to go in the dumpster in the back. ;)

Let's compare.

Andjuice Peters 27 gp 0 g 0a 0p 50 pims (6 majors) 3:56 minutes per game $460,000 per year

Chris Thornburn 27 gp 3 g 2a 5p 50 pim (6 majors) 8:08 minutes per game $450,000 per year

Why did we let this kid go inorder to keep Juice? He seems to do everything Juice does. He fights. That's all Juice does. Thornburn does that. Can handle a decent amount of ice time per game. And he can score. For $10,000.00 less.

It's time for the NHL to throw out the trash. It's time that players like Scot Nichols and Jason Peters are told they aren't welcome in the "New NHL".

The NHL needs to put up a sign. "Talented Players Only Need Apply". The trash needs to go in the dumpster in the back. ;)

You mean Andrew Peters, Jason Peters plays for the Bills. I liked Thorburn and I was very disappointed to see him go.

Let's compare.

You hit the nail on the head. Biggest difference...Thorburn being able to skate a regular shift and contribute(in addition to being a willing combatant when needed).

GO BRIERE :) , GO SABRES!!

You hit the nail on the head. Biggest difference...Thorburn being able to skate a regular shift and contribute(in addition to being a willing combatant when needed).

GO BRIERE :) , GO SABRES!!

Exactly. Tonight (against the Western Conference powerhouse Blues), did it really look like Peters belonged? No.

Exactly. Tonight (against the Western Conference powerhouse Blues), did it really look like Peters belonged? No.

I see your point... But, we don't know what goes on behind those locker room doors?

Obviously there is another twist to this that nobody is mentioning except the "production" side of the equation...

??

I see your point... But, we don't know what goes on behind those locker room doors?

Obviously there is another twist to this that nobody is mentioning except the "production" side of the equation...

??

And what is that?

He doesn't make his teammates feel safer.

Hecht got run twice by Tucker and Peters did nothing.

Briere gets run head first into the boards and Peters did nothing.

Spacek gets sucker punched and Peters did nothing.

So please share what is so obvious. He's a great guy in the locker room? Great. Let him collect the jocks after the game. Just keep him out of the lineup.

And what is that?

He doesn't make his teammates feel safer.

Hecht got run twice by Tucker and Peters did nothing.

Briere gets run head first into the boards and Peters did nothing.

Spacek gets sucker punched and Peters did nothing.

So please share what is so obvious. He's a great guy in the locker room? Great. Let him collect the jocks after the game. Just keep him out of the lineup.

What I am saying is that I don't know... We don't know why Lindy is putting him in... Obviously, it must be something... He must mean soemthing to the other guys because those other guys aren't as pissed as every fan seems to be.

What I am saying is Peters in there SEEMS to be keeping the peace... And we WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT THE OTHER 19 guys feel...

We aren't them! So why is everyone bitching about Peters? Our opinions mean squat... It is the unit that seems to think he is important.

Or do you think Lindy is pissing the other players off (like people here) by keeping Peters in?

<_<

Archived