Peters sets a new low for ice time...

LabattBlue

What I am saying is that I don't know... We don't know why Lindy is putting him in... Obviously, it must be something... He must mean soemthing to the other guys because those other guys aren't as pissed as every fan seems to be.

What I am saying is Peters in there SEEMS to be keeping the peace... And we WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT THE OTHER 19 guys feel...

We aren't them! So why is everyone bitching about Peters? Our opinions mean squat... It is the unit that seems to think he is important.

Or do you think Lindy is pissing the other players off (like people here) by keeping Peters in?

<_<

That's a great question.

This team has a goal to win the Stanley Cup. I wonder what they really do think about being saddled with a player that gives them nothing towards that goal.

Look how well Mair and Gaustad play when they have any winger other than Peters. I have no doubt they would much rather step over the boards with Paillie than with Peters.

What do you mean by "SEEMS to be keeping the peace..."? You can't mean on the ice. Sabres are getting run game in and game out. Are you saying the locker room would be a free for all if Peters wasn't there? He's not a leader. His words mean nothing. What player is going to listen to someone who plays 2 minutes a game? :blink:

And what is that?

He doesn't make his teammates feel safer.

Hecht got run twice by Tucker and Peters did nothing.

Briere gets run head first into the boards and Peters did nothing.

Spacek gets sucker punched and Peters did nothing.

So please share what is so obvious. He's a great guy in the locker room? Great. Let him collect the jocks after the game. Just keep him out of the lineup.

I don't know about the other situations (but would assume they are probably similar) but I remember hearing after the Briere hit that Peters was ready to go but Ruff kept him back and would not let him retaliate

Well, according to the team and Ruff, they really like him and are happy to have him on the team, the only people who want him out of the locker room are the fans because he isn't putting up huge numbers

I don't know about the other situations (but would assume they are probably similar) but I remember hearing after the Briere hit that Peters was ready to go but Ruff kept him back and would not let him retaliate

Well, according to the team and Ruff, they really like him and are happy to have him on the team, the only people who want him out of the locker room are the fans because he isn't putting up huge numbers

That is exactly what I was thinking... You said it well.

It is the crazy fans that think they can put worth on his production by saying that he only played 5 minutes last night... Yet, had 2 shots, an assist... And for even... Heck, Briere played 17 and had zero and a -2... Now don't get me wrong... I am not equating him to DB... :doh:

My whole point is that I m not gonna second guess this situation... It isn't for us to decide... We aren't in the locker room.

That is exactly what I was thinking... You said it well.

It is the crazy fans that think they can put worth on his production by saying that he only played 5 minutes last night... Yet, had 2 shots, an assist... And for even... Heck, Briere played 17 and had zero and a -2... Now don't get me wrong... I am not equating him to DB... :doh:

My whole point is that I m not gonna second guess this situation... It isn't for us to decide... We aren't in the locker room.

The point is that there are a half a dozen guys in Rochester that are a 100% upgrade to Peters. Not mention his entire NHL career is a fraud. He admits to using chemical enhancements to get into the NHL. While other kids are skating, shooting and doing the things needed to achieve their dreams. Juice Peters was popping pills and taking god knows what other short cuts.

It's not only about what he doesn't do on the ice. Every time he steps on the ice it's a slap to the face of a sports integrity. :thumbdown:

The point is that there are a half a dozen guys in Rochester that are a 100% upgrade to Peters. Not mention his entire NHL career is a fraud. He admits to using chemical enhancements to get into the NHL. While other kids are skating, shooting and doing the things needed to achieve their dreams. Juice Peters was popping pills and taking god knows what other short cuts.

It's not only about what he doesn't do on the ice. Every time he steps on the ice it's a slap to the face of a sports integrity. :thumbdown:

The point I am trying to make is that he is there, plain and simple.

I will try to put this way... Is it pissing the other 19 guys off? If you ask them, is it wrecking team chemistry?

IMHO, Lindy is not putting him there because ONLY Darcy and him want him there...

Seems the only ones that are making this an issue are the fans... The fans just love to strike of controversy!

I would agree with all the anti-Peters' fans if he seemed to be a "cancer" in the dressing room... IT DOESN'T REMOTELY APPEAR THAT IT IS THE CASE.

So what is the problem? Besides the littany of "ideals" YOU THINK this team should have... You are not the bench boss... <_<

:blink:

You mean Andrew Peters, Jason Peters plays for the Bills. I liked Thorburn and I was very disappointed to see him go.

Did Jason Peters also admit to popping pills?

No. This:

Just to add a little fuel to Labatt's fire.

Let's compare.

Andjuice Peters 27 gp 0 g 0a 0p 50 pims (6 majors) 3:56 minutes per game $460,000 per year

Chris Thornburn 27 gp 3 g 2a 5p 50 pim (6 majors) 8:08 minutes per game $450,000 per year

Why did we let this kid go inorder to keep Juice? He seems to do everything Juice does. He fights. That's all Juice does. Thornburn does that. Can handle a decent amount of ice time per game. And he can score. For $10,000.00 less.

It's time for the NHL to throw out the trash. It's time that players like Scot Nichols and Jason Peters are told they aren't welcome in the "New NHL".

The NHL needs to put up a sign. "Talented Players Only Need Apply". The trash needs to go in the dumpster in the back. ;)

is what the poster was referring to.

Isn't second-guessing everything - the PP, which goalie to start, which lines are the best combos, which guys should be called up, traded, sent down - what being a fan, and particularly a fan on a fan site message board, is all about? :blink:

The point is that there are a half a dozen guys in Rochester that are a 100% upgrade to Peters.

Bingo.

Hopefully it will happen before that, but if not, we should see Andrew's true worth to the team in the spring, when surrenders his spot to a more complete player and steps off the ice and into the press box for the stretch run and the playoffs.

The point I am trying to make is that he is there, plain and simple.

I will try to put this way... Is it pissing the other 19 guys off? If you ask them, is it wrecking team chemistry?

IMHO, Lindy is not putting him there because ONLY Darcy and him want him there...

Seems the only ones that are making this an issue are the fans... The fans just love to strike of controversy!

I would agree with all the anti-Peters' fans if he seemed to be a "cancer" in the dressing room... IT DOESN'T REMOTELY APPEAR THAT IT IS THE CASE.

So what is the problem? Besides the littany of "ideals" YOU THINK this team should have... You are not the bench boss... <_<

:blink:

I really don't care if the other 19 guys like him or not. It's about putting your best 20 players out there. There are players drafted last season I would rather see in the lineup than Peters. In fact I would rather they played a man short.

The only reason I can see that Peters is still around is that it's a player that doesn't matter if they lose when Connolly is ready to comeback.

I really don't care if the other 19 guys like him or not. It's about putting your best 20 players out there. There are players drafted last season I would rather see in the lineup than Peters. In fact I would rather they played a man short.

The only reason I can see that Peters is still around is that it's a player that doesn't matter if they lose when Connolly is ready to comeback.

And isn't that the most important thing Lindy and Darcy are thinking about?

They got Connolly on their mind!

There are many great prospects coming out of the Amerks org... Why in the heck would you risk them now when the team is in flux with TC, doing EXTREMELY well during the season...

Why blow your wad this early?... The SC run is a juggernaut... There is no need to panic...

I have to agree with the Sabres org... They are doing the best thing in to bring a Stanley Cup to BFLO.

I have a gut feeling that TC will be back soon... Doing that, the reserve piggy bank will be empty for call ups...

Why rack up the bill now when the team is doing the best in the league?

Us fans just love controversy... In stead of enjoying this incedible ride in BFLO/WNY/S. Ontario sports!

Peace...

Archived