Flashback: Fast and Furious Sabres

PASabreFan

i remember that sequence -- it was one of the best in franchise history, to be sure. (didn't lydman ruin someone in the 3rd period of that game as well with a hip check?)

in fairness to the team at present, that sequence involved a level of frenetic energy that only late may/june can deliver.

that said, it's fair to wonder whether or not the current incarnation is capable of replicating such a sequence/energy.

This team lost an awful lot of bite in Jay McKee, Mike Grier and even J.P. Dumont.

I hear you about McKee, but, that clip isn't a great example. The guys in that clip doing the damage aren't any of those three. Jillson, Pyatt, Gaustad, Fitzpatrick, Novotny, Max, and Roy were the guys... Most of them that are no longer Sabres on that list were castoffs.

I liked Grier and Dumont, but haven't Mair/Novotny and Pominville filled their rolls?

I hear you about McKee, but, that clip isn't a great example. The guys in that clip doing the damage aren't any of those three. Jillson, Pyatt, Gaustad, Fitzpatrick, Novotny, Max, and Roy were the guys... Most of them that are no longer Sabres on that list were castoffs.

I liked Grier and Dumont, but haven't Mair/Novotny and Pominville filled their rolls?

I miss the fiesty side of Dumont and even though Pominville has some upside, I think we would be a better team with Dumont being on the Briere/Hecht line, while Pominville would be with Drury instead of Kotalik or Novotny.

Spacek has been a beast lol. Think he has more hits then Mckee and Dumont had at this point last year

Had a strange thought. Maybe swap Pommer and Kotalik on there lines? Briere/Hecht/Kotalik and Drury/Novotny/Pommer. I think Briere and Hecht could hit Kotalik a bit better with passes with him the trailer on the attack and I think Pommer might have better speed and fit in better with Drury's type of game

Spacek has been a beast lol. Think he has more hits then Mckee and Dumont had at this point last year

Had a strange thought. Maybe swap Pommer and Kotalik on there lines? Briere/Hecht/Kotalik and Drury/Novotny/Pommer. I think Briere and Hecht could hit Kotalik a bit better with passes with him the trailer on the attack and I think Pommer might have better speed and fit in better with Drury's type of game

Anything to get Kotalik going again...

Great find, PA. Just by listening to Rick I can remember and picture everything he describes. He's such an artist.

Archived