Sabres stuff for Christmas

SCSabresFan!

Friends,

I have searched everywhere - Google / Sabres.com / Icejerseys.com to find some old school Sabres gear for my brother's Christmas present. Everywhere I go its sold out. :unsure: Has anyone has success finding stuff online?

Thanks for any help.

Your Redneck Friend

Good luck. Laux Sporting Goods has a limited selection of the Original Logo stuff, but I don't know who/where else.

BTW, did anyone else hear the Vs. announcers saying that the vintage jerseys wouldn't be available until the end of January?

Friends,

I have searched everywhere - Google / Sabres.com / Icejerseys.com to find some old school Sabres gear for my brother's Christmas present. Everywhere I go its sold out. :unsure: Has anyone has success finding stuff online?

Thanks for any help.

Your Redneck Friend

icejerseys have 2 styles of t-shirts and an blue Hasek jersey.

Try ebay

I was on there last week and there's tons of new old logo stuff. Saw some nice denim shirts, T's and sweatshirts. Just search under "Sabres old logo"

Wow. I just searched on eBay, thinking I would find something for my father, but I think I am going to check back later. Right now, most of the stuff looks like items that manufactured and purchased well before the Sabres changed to the goathead - its not throwback stuff, it really is vintage. To say I am disappointed is an understatement...

Good to see the Sabres were fully prepared for the logo switch. Apparently they heeded the fans warnings a little too much. I guess we can't have it both ways.

Ink, not sure what you mean here...can you elaborate?

Ink, not sure what you mean here...can you elaborate?

What I meant was that I think they underestimated demand, although I'm not sure why this wasn't nipped in the bud earlier especially with xmas being around the corner, and perhaps all the negative feedback about the Slug created some apprehesion amonst Sabres brass. I'm sure they didn't want to have 4 million Slugs shirts and no one to buy them. Unfortunately, for all the Slug detractors, this sentiment probably did inspire a low production amount of Slug merchandise and the aforementioned shortage.

Keep checking icejerseys.com - they have different stuff every few days. Got a really nice hoodie with the old logo and lace up neck like the vintage jerseys had. They didn't have it on Saturday, had it on Sunday, and today it's gone again. Just keep looking. Also, the vintage stuff on e-bay is usually in really good condition. Got a great vintage jersey in the fall - just hard to find "regular" sizes right now - everything is really, really big.

What I meant was that I think they underestimated demand, although I'm not sure why this wasn't nipped in the bud earlier especially with xmas being around the corner, and perhaps all the negative feedback about the Slug created some apprehesion amonst Sabres brass. I'm sure they didn't want to have 4 million Slugs shirts and no one to buy them. Unfortunately, for all the Slug detractors, this sentiment probably did inspire a low production amount of Slug merchandise and the aforementioned shortage.

Gotcha.

FWIW, I agree completely that they underestimated the demand for the new stuff, but I still don't see why they would bring back the vintage jersey & logo, then severely limit the amount of merchandise you have available for it. Like you said, Christmas is fast approaching, and they probably could have made a killing from the "traditionalists" if there was even a small amount of quality original logo merchandise available. Gotta strike while the iron is hot and all that, even if it means seeing a little more original logo stuff in the arena than they would have liked...

Try ebay

I was on there last week and there's tons of new old logo stuff. Saw some nice denim shirts, T's and sweatshirts. Just search under "Sabres old logo"

I just looke dnad you;re right, only a couple hoodies that are new stuff with the old logo. There was a LOT more last week.

They say you can't get the stuff online either, right? That doesn't sound like the problem is with the Sabres. They're not the ones who actually manufacture the stuff.

Gotcha.

FWIW, I agree completely that they underestimated the demand for the new stuff, but I still don't see why they would bring back the vintage jersey & logo, then severely limit the amount of merchandise you have available for it. Like you said, Christmas is fast approaching, and they probably could have made a killing from the "traditionalists" if there was even a small amount of quality original logo merchandise available. Gotta strike while the iron is hot and all that, even if it means seeing a little more original logo stuff in the arena than they would have liked...

You are asking the crack Marketing staff of the Sabres to actually think? They same people that brought us the overcooked flash website called Sabres.com? That's asking alot.

I agree with you Bmwolf - they missed a huge chance to make a killing on merchandise. Many of my friends down here have the same problem, they want the old stuff for Christmas and it can't be found. :doh:

They say you can't get the stuff online either, right? That doesn't sound like the problem is with the Sabres. They're not the ones who actually manufacture the stuff.

I work in manufacturing and we produce millions of our product within days of a request. If their manufacturer can't do that, shame on them.

Friends,

Thanks for any help.

Your Redneck Friend

BTW, I went to Kohls and found some decent Sabres gear. I wanted it for myself but I was xmas shopping.

That's a real good question, shrader - who has dropped the ball (or puck, in this case) on this? After all, Reebok is owned by adidas, and itself owns CCM, so there should be no shortage of manufacturing facilities available. Are we looking at a 6+ month supplier delay? Are they purposely limiting both slug and original logo product to keep the demand high? Were they nervous about the initial backlash, so they kept production to a minimum until the merchandise was flying off the shelves? Do the delays have anything to do with the scheduled rollout of new jerseys at the all-star game? Or is it a case or a bunch of crap-flinging monkeys at Rbk, the NHL and the Sabres being unable to get their stuff together? Sadly, methinks we'll never know...

Are they purposely limiting both slug and original logo product to keep the demand high?

This is most intriguing to the inkman. I would wonder if this would be wise, after all Christmas season is upon us and people (like me) are blowing insane amount of jack on everything. Is it really to their benefit to relinquish holiday sales to keep demand high? :unsure:

That's a real good question, shrader - who has dropped the ball (or puck, in this case) on this? After all, Reebok is owned by adidas, and itself owns CCM, so there should be no shortage of manufacturing facilities available. Are we looking at a 6+ month supplier delay? Are they purposely limiting both slug and original logo product to keep the demand high? Were they nervous about the initial backlash, so they kept production to a minimum until the merchandise was flying off the shelves? Do the delays have anything to do with the scheduled rollout of new jerseys at the all-star game? Or is it a case or a bunch of crap-flinging monkeys at Rbk, the NHL and the Sabres being unable to get their stuff together? Sadly, methinks we'll never know...

wow... I didn't know that. Reebox isn't even an American company now.

This is most intriguing to the inkman. I would wonder if this would be wise, after all Christmas season is upon us and people (like me) are blowing insane amount of jack on everything. Is it really to their benefit to relinquish holiday sales to keep demand high? :unsure:

I don't think the Sabres would be able to limit the supply on sites like NHL.com or any other internet seller. That would have to be done by the NHL, reebok, or which ever company is making the jerseys/hats/shirt/whatever.

I just don't know. I really can't figure this out - after the way the NHL was trumpeting the merchandise sales in October and November, you would think someone would have made damn sure they had more than enough product on the way for the holiday shopping season. Besides, like shrader noted, it would have to go higher than the Sabres to purposely limit product.

wow... I didn't know that. Reebox isn't even an American company now.

Not that they ever were...founded in the UK, as most know, and now owned by a German company. Check this out about adidas:

The company was named after its founder, Adolf (Adi) Dassler, who started producing shoes in the 1920s in Herzogenaurach near Nuremberg with the help of his brother Rudolf Dassler who later formed rival shoe company PUMA AG.

Brothers creating rival shoe companies that turned into multinational companies. :huh:

Gotcha.

They were praying Sluggalo would take off - and one way to ensure that is to make sure there isn't much of the good stuff available. It's worked, to a point.

They were praying Sluggalo would take off - and one way to ensure that is to make sure there isn't much of the good stuff available. It's worked, to a point.

Yeah, and they have sold exactly $20.80 worth of abominable snot smear logo stuff in my household (2 programs and a toy zamboni because I couldn't find a 3rd program :angry: ). Had they had vintage stuff available they'd have sold at least another $200 worth of merchandise (probably close to $400 worth). Oh well, their loss.

Dave, that sounds like us. The only sluggo-adorned merchandise we have is a car flag my parents found at walmart(?). Aside from that, we're happy with our B&R goathead stuff and a couple vintage logo t-shirts. We really haven't spent a dime on Sabres merchandise.

Archived