Gameday Thread - Sabres @ Panthers 12/7

Chilly

Miller? :doh:

:lol: Yes, he was in the camera on all the goals. I was referring to someone else.

Here comes the first string of :oops: losses... the road trip ends 1-4 :wallbash:

So now all that is left tonight is the :beer:

I think we're all getting a little worked up here. Montreal and NJ are both beatable teams.

:lol: Yes, he was in the camera on all the goals. I was referring to someone else.

I think we're all getting a little worked up here. Montreal and NJ are both beatable teams.

Yeah, I know. But I just couldn't resist. Zeppo was probably on the ice for all 3 as well. I know he was on the ice for the 2nd, that was the only one I actually got a chance to watch. (That and the Sabres goal, so for the little bit that I saw they were tied.)

Holy blah blah blah.

The Sabres lost!! The Sabres lost!!

Big deal. I'm gonna do what I always do when the team I cheer for craps the bed.

Move on to the next sport. Luckily, I'm a San Antonio Spurs fan. I have been ever since I heard of basketball. 3 championships. Tim Duncan. Manu. Tony Parker. Love the Sabres......but, I really love the Spurs.

How on Earth do you lose to Florida? It's like I said last week, every lowly team plays the Sabres like it's their Stanley Cup. The Sabres have a bullseye on their chest now. There will be no easy games from here on in. Every single game they are not ready to give 150% for, they will lose.

But, it's ok.

The Spurs won't crap the bed. Let's all cheer for them.

Another poor effort by Novotny. He is big but yet it seemed that even when he took a small hit he went down. He really got beat bad in the corners.

He's starting to remind me of good old Taylor Pyatt in that respect.

Not with an effort like this one.

F Basketball!

Yeah, there couldn't be a sport that is more opposite than hockey. The NBA is all one on one boring me, me, me action. At least college B-ball has a little teamwork involved.

The Spurs won't crap the bed.

Yes they will. The Sabres have a .750 winning percentage, the Spurs .737 .

Call me a broken record, but in a game where the offense is struggling, maybe having Paille in the lineup instead of Peters would have allowed for a 4th line contribution and a spark to the offense.

Peters is a waste of a lineup spot! :censored: :censored:

PS Please don't come back with "look what Breire said about Peters". That was a bunch of crap!

Call me a broken record, but in a game where the offense is struggling, maybe having Paille in the lineup instead of Peters would have allowed for a 4th line contribution and a spark to the offense.

Peters is a waste of a lineup spot! :censored: :censored:

PS Please don't come back with "look what Breire said about Peters". That was a bunch of crap!

Honestly, last night's effort couldn't have been saved even if the 92-93 editions of LaFontaine and Alexander The Great had suited up on the fourth line.

Couldn't care less what Briere said about Peters, but there is no way Paille makes a difference in last nights absolute joke of a game.

I really think breaking up the lines and supplanting Gaustad and Mair on our finesse lines (RAV & Breire) could help out. I also think Drury could use a little help offensively, Novotny and Kotalik are playing like shiit.

It's no secret that I'm personally getting pretty fed up with Kotalik.

Trade-bait at the deadline I hope, cause right now he's a waste of space, ice-time and salary.

Honestly, last night's effort couldn't have been saved even if the 92-93 editions of LaFontaine and Alexander The Great had suited up on the fourth line.

Couldn't care less what Briere said about Peters, but there is no way Paille makes a difference in last nights absolute joke of a game.

There is no waying of knowing the impact he may have had, but at least Paille could have skated a regular shift versus Peters who has to pick the splinters from the bench out of his ass at the end of every game. <_<

It's no secret that I'm personally getting pretty fed up with Kotalik.

Trade-bait at the deadline I hope, cause right now he's a waste of space, ice-time and salary.

How can anyone not be fed up with his nightly display of :censored: nothing...He brings absolutely nothing to the table...At this point I don't think he is even trade bait. All the scouts are nightly witnessess to him phoning in the games. Get off the :censored: bus once this season Al!! :wallbash:

Florida and Washington were very beatable teams as well...didn't help much! NJ and Montreal are much better teams ! :wallbash:

Big deal. I'm gonna do what I always do when the team I cheer for craps the bed.

Move on to the next sport. Luckily, I'm a San Antonio Spurs fan. I have been ever since I heard of basketball. 3 championships. Tim Duncan. Manu. Tony Parker. Love the Sabres......but, I really love the Spurs.

How on Earth do you lose to Florida? It's like I said last week, every lowly team plays the Sabres like it's their Stanley Cup. The Sabres have a bullseye on their chest now. There will be no easy games from here on in. Every single game they are not ready to give 150% for, they will lose.

But, it's ok.

The Spurs won't crap the bed. Let's all cheer for them.

Sounds like we have a diehard fan. How lucky are we?

Dude, first off, noone cares about basketball. Second of all, even if people do, they don't care about the Spurs. And third of all, since the Spurs never crap the bed, then i guess you must have forgotten about that loss to Charlotte, at home... oh.. my bad, that was in mid-november, you must have been all over the Sabres bandwagon at the time to realize the Spurs were even playing.

Please kid.... get off our bandwagon and stick to basketball.

There is no waying of knowing the impact he may have had, but at least Paille could have skated a regular shift versus Peters who has to pick the splinters from the bench out of his ass at the end of every game. <_<

Never can tell, that's true. I was just pointing out that Peters wasn't the sole problem last night, he had 17 of his teammates helping him.

Never can tell, that's true. I was just pointing out that Peters wasn't the sole problem last night, he had 17 of his teammates helping him.

Peters just needs to go. I can't believe this is even an issue and i can't believe we are slowing down the development of a rising young player because theres a theory that Peters "won" us the game vs. Tampa.

Paille on the 4th line adds speed and passing ability, gives the line someone else who can carry the puck with no problems.

Hopefully Sabres realize Peters is a failure in pro hockey soon.

One bad game and we have crapped the bed? Seems a bit drastic to me. Look at our record....do you think it was just last night that other teams thought, "oh, we should play hard against Buffalo"? Please...we have had a target on us every game this season and our record indicates it's not often that the other team hits it. I was at the game last night...and yes it was awful to watch...but we still have yet to even lose 2 games in a row. I can't imagine some of the reactions WHEN we do. GO SABRES!!!

One bad game and we have crapped the bed? Seems a bit drastic to me. Look at our record....do you think it was just last night that other teams thought, "oh, we should play hard against Buffalo"? Please...we have had a target on us every game this season and our record indicates it's not often that the other team hits it. I was at the game last night...and yes it was awful to watch...but we still have yet to even lose 2 games in a row. I can't imagine some of the reactions WHEN we do. GO SABRES!!!

This is hardly the first bad game! It is the latest!... remember that this team has lucked out in many of their wins. There was several that they won and didn't deserve the win!

I didn't mean one bad game as in the only bad game. I agree that their play as of late has been lousy, but as has been pointed out nmerous times on this board, it is going to happen and games will be lost. As far as being lucky, I just don't don't buy the idea that our record at this point is based on luck. A win is a win, and this team has demonstrated that when they are playing to potential, they are nearly unbeatable. I'm certaily not the defending the way they have been playing as of late, but am saying that it is stupid to suggest a doomsday scenario about the season based as a streak of off nights.

How can anyone not be fed up with his nightly display of :censored: nothing...He brings absolutely nothing to the table...At this point I don't think he is even trade bait. All the scouts are nightly witnessess to him phoning in the games. Get off the :censored: bus once this season Al!! :wallbash:

Florida and Washington were very beatable teams as well...didn't help much! NJ and Montreal are much better teams ! :wallbash:

Florida and Washington were both very beatable last year as well. We lost to Washington and lost 3 of 4 to Florida, yet things turned out ok. Don't overreact.

I didn't mean one bad game as in the only bad game. I agree that their play as of late has been lousy, but as has been pointed out nmerous times on this board, it is going to happen and games will be lost. As far as being lucky, I just don't don't buy the idea that our record at this point is based on luck. A win is a win, and this team has demonstrated that when they are playing to potential, they are nearly unbeatable. I'm certaily not the defending the way they have been playing as of late, but am saying that it is stupid to suggest a doomsday scenario about the season based as a streak of off nights.

Nobody is predicting a doomday scenario, but I've read a ton of excuses why this team lost, and not just last night. These range from poor ice, to, oh the refs are biased against us. :wallbash: :doh: :cry: My point was and remains that the record of this team is not an accurate reflection of this teams level of play, especially of late! If they don't level the ship there is going to be a huge sucking sound in western ny. A win may be a win in the columns of the newspaper, but it does not always accurately reflect the play on the ice.

Florida and Washington were both very beatable last year as well. We lost to Washington and lost 3 of 4 to Florida, yet things turned out ok. Don't overreact.

Last year was last year and has no relevence to this season! I am not overreacting, simply indicating a symptom of a festering disease that appears to be growing!

Nobody is predicting a doomday scenario, but I've read a ton of excuses why this team lost, and not just last night. These range from poor ice, to, oh the refs are biased against us. :wallbash: :doh: :cry: My point was and remains that the record of this team is not an accurate reflection of this teams level of play, especially of late! If they don't level the ship there is going to be a huge sucking sound in western ny. A win may be a win in the columns of the newspaper, but it does not always accurately reflect the play on the ice.

Last year was last year and has no relevence to this season! I am not overreacting, simply indicating a symptom of a festering disease that appears to be growing!

Last year and this year are different. But the fact remains the same that we have almost the same team as last year. An 82 game season is full of ups and downs. There are going to be days, even weeks where things just don't go right, and they look terrible.

If I remember correctly everyone started to hit the panic button during our roadtrip out west last year. The talk around here was that the team finally came down to Earth. The team returned back east and went on a tear. They've had a few bad efforts recently, but I have faith that Lindy and our team's leadership can turn things around.

EDIT: As to your last year was last year, this year is this year comment, I would like to note that over the last 2 years the Sabres have played 3 games in South Florida. They have looked terrible in every single one. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Peters just needs to go. I can't believe this is even an issue and i can't believe we are slowing down the development of a rising young player because theres a theory that Peters "won" us the game vs. Tampa.

Paille on the 4th line adds speed and passing ability, gives the line someone else who can carry the puck with no problems.

Hopefully Sabres realize Peters is a failure in pro hockey soon.

Still doesn't change the fact that the loss last night was probably the biggest team effort I ever saw, and had nothing to do with Peters, other than the fact that he dressed.

I'm not a Peters fan, just pointing out that dressing Paille IMHO wouldn't have meant jack, unless he'd beaten the crap out of everyone in the locker room during the first intermission, and threatened to do it again unless everyone got their in gear for the second.

I like Paille, but a one-man army he is not.

Also, let's examine who he's playing with. Mair is probably the worst finisher in a Buffalo uniform since Vaclav Varada, and Gaustad is no Brett Hull either. Although he's definitely not as bad as Mair.

I like them both, but offense is not what they're supposed to bring with this line combination.