Gameday Thread - Sabres @ Panthers 12/7

Chilly

Saw some article recently that said the NHL's "ice guru" is supposed to get some sort of gameday ice condition report from each home team, so he can keep an eye on rinks with recurring problems. I would assume the Sabres would complain to the league if they were constantly encountering crappy ice, but I honestly don't know if the league would even do anything.

Looking for a blue print on how to beat the Sabres, pass around this game film. If Miller wasn't standing on his head, this would be long over.

Heard they were being outshot 28-7 before that 5-3. They threw a lot of pucks at the net before they got one. Had a feeling that Florida was going to kill it off.

This game is exasperating to watch. They can't clear the zone on the PK and when they try they dump it right on a Florida stick.

Roy made a nice save for Miller there.

Being outshot 29-13 after two...and we have to keep seeing this stupid Joe Nieuwendyk (sp?) video homage every 20 seconds, punctuated with shots of him holding that stolen Cup over his head on our ice...UGH.

My Dad just called me and said that they had someone in the booth talking with them, that used to be a Sabre, and said something about the Sabres getting a new logo for next year, and that it would be unveiled at the all star break?

Did anyone else catch this? Was he just saying it in jest, or was he being real?

That would be kind of crappy...all these people went out and bought the new stuff and now they are changing it?

Looking for a blue print on how to beat the Sabres, pass around this game film. If Miller wasn't standing on his head, this would be long over.

Heard they were being outshot 28-7 before that 5-3. They threw a lot of pucks at the net before they got one. Had a feeling that Florida was going to kill it off.

This game is exasperating to watch. They can't clear the zone on the PK and when they try they dump it right on a Florida stick.

The shots are at 29-12 now according to NHL.com. Yahoo has them at 23-7. Seems Yahoo is a bit behind.

My Dad just called me and said that they had someone in the booth talking with them, that used to be a Sabre, and said something about the Sabres getting a new logo for next year, and that it would be unveiled at the all star break?

Did anyone else catch this? Was he just saying it in jest, or was he being real?

That would be kind of crappy...all these people went out and bought the new stuff and now they are changing it?

They're probably just referring to the new sleek jerseys. I would be willing to bet they will be the same design, just the sleek fitting sweater.

Randy Moller is doing the color commentary for the game tonight.

I wouldn't call this a blueprint on how to beat us - we have been beating ourselves by making stupid decisions with the puck, losing 1-on-1 battles, stupid penalties, etc. Thankfully, Miller is doing his best Dom impression and keeping the team in the game until they get their act together.

that was randy moller, former buffalo sabre. he said he liked the new jersey and the new designed jersey would be revealed at the all star break. It will be that form fitting garbage, which i see as a horrible failure on the nhl's part... The jerseys have looked like sweaters for over 100 years... you don't change that, period.

The game will change too. goalies will let in more goals, defensemen will not block as many shots, and the players will look like girls. Bad choice by the nhl, in my opinion

edit: Randy Moller http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=3769