Sabres vs. Lightning (01/05)

PTS

The Sabres have rebounded well after losses recently. Hopefully they can do the Sabres tonight against a team they beat twice already.

Dmitri Kalinin might be back in the line-up tonight. If not, Saturday is more likely. I wonder if Ruff sits a defenseman or goes with seven of them like before.

Briere is having surgery today in Montreal. I'm not sure why this didn't happen earlier in the week. I also don't like that the doctor is Montreal's team physician but he's apparently the best in the biz.

Go Sabres!

Dmitri Kalinin might be back in the line-up tonight. If not, Saturday is more likely. I wonder if Ruff sits a defenseman or goes with seven of them like before.

As long as Paille stays with the big club, he should be playing. That means stay away from 7 defensemen. Fitzpatrick is the obvious benching.

Ah yes, the evil doctor Pepe Lepapsmear. I'll get you now, Briere. Sorry, mon ami, my hands are little shaky today, oui? Non? Bwahahahahahaha...

Hehe, I laughed out loud for that one. I love humor like that.

But we are division rivals......and Briere is right there under your control and you love your Habs.....a little slip up and he's out a few more months...no one needs to know... :ph34r:

Going to the game tonight, and so excited. First game in over a month.

1. Any news on who Lindy is starting in net tonight?

2. Any news on how close the game is to being sold out? I've seen the ads in the paper the last few weeks, and it's pretty obvious the game isn't a sellout, but does anyone know how close they are?

Hope they can win tonight after the loss last week and a long layoff. This homestand will say a lot about the character of the team and the direction they're going to take in making a push to the playoffs. Plus, as an added bonus, we won't be interrupted by the silly fodder of Ralph Wilson lead press conferences (although they have been quite entertaining!!) GO SABRES

Going to the game tonight, and so excited. First game in over a month.

1. Any news on who Lindy is starting in net tonight?

2. Any news on how close the game is to being sold out? I've seen the ads in the paper the last few weeks, and it's pretty obvious the game isn't a sellout, but does anyone know how close they are?

I would imagine Miller would start because they have had a few days off, but anyone's guess is as good as mine.

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl2005/schedule/schedule.jsp

Looks like us out of towners are going to be getting the Tampa broadcast tonight. I would rank them among the worst I've seen this year. My personal favorite from the October game is that they wanted Vanek called for diving in OT...after getting cross checked from behind in the back of the head after the whistle...Classic.

We need to show a continued ability to bounce back and avoid a losing streak tonight. Tampa is likely a team we will be fighting for seeding at the end of the year unless they can overtake Carolina. We need to win in regulation and avoid an eastern foe getting the "third" point.

Man, it just struck me - I know its been years but typing/saying "we are going to battle TAMPA and CAROLINA for HOCKEY PLAYOFF position" is strange.

It's funny how whenever there is an article about a playing playing poorly or not putting up points, they have a great next game.

Today the Buffalo News talked about how Hecht it's putting up points.

So far tonight 1G, 1A.