GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

How about scoring THREE?

I know it makes everyone feel better to blame only the goalie, just like everyone feels better to blame Losman or Bledsoe when the whole team sucks. Well, the whole team, Biron included, sucked tonight (by their lofty standards ... not comparing them to the Bills.)

I hear ya, but the fact remains is that he's asleep on the first one, and makes a patented "Biron Assist" on the third one, by putting the puck off the boards instead of tapping it to the guy standing right behind him in acres of space.

The offense is bound to have nights off, just as well as the goalie is. Biron had the night off against Philly and Carolina, so the way I figure, it was his turn to show up.

absurd to blame that game on biron guys, come on....maybe he didn't steal it for them, but most back-up goalies do not steal games. they didn't play a complete game and they were playing not only a good team, but one that was desperate. time to get over that feeling we will win every game. i can't believe how banged up some people are about losing this game..

news flash -we are going to lose a few more before it's over..

absurd to blame that game on biron guys, come on....maybe he didn't steal it for them, but most back-up goalies do not steal games. they didn't play a complete game and they were playing not only a good team, but one that was desperate. time to get over that feeling we will win every game. i can't believe how banged up some people are about losing this game..

news flash -we are going to lose a few more before it's over..

Stop making sense ... remember people were calling for Miller to be benched when he gave up 4 per game in wins ... I'm sure the calls for Noronen will start again ... maybe John Blue is still available.

I'll stick up for Biron. He made some big saves on break aways to keep us in it. The Neal goal was a great shot, faking the pass and putting it up high ala Chris Drury. The other two goals were great deflections, wtf could he do? Ottawa just wanted this game more it seems.

I could be wrong, but it sure looked to me like Neil was trying to pass it and it deflected in off Biron's stick.

But marty isnt the blame for the loss, 0 -6 on PP with maybe 9 shots with 6 maybe coming on the last PP.

I certainly agree, the effort wasn't there and the PK and PP were awful.

But as it stands right now, I think the offense may have earned the "right" to have a bad night once in a while.

As for Biron, I'm just pointing out that he's exactly the same goalie he was when we were a losing team, and that it's bugging me.

Yes, he wins more games, but it's not because he's playing better.

I'll leave it at this, if he's bound to have bad nights, let it be now when it doesn't really matter.

The 2nd and 3rd were tip ins.....how do you stop those?

Marty could/should be starting for 1/3 of the league. Our team is just getting worn down. Too many key injuries...Teppo is still playing 20+ minutes with a tweaked groin. We gave the Sens 6 consecutive full minutes in our zone in the 2nd. That reaks of being tired.

Yeah, but some of the people calling for Miller to sit were those with little or no credibility in that area. BTP, mrjsbu96, I agree totally - there were way too many passengers tonight, we didn't take care of the puck, and took too many stupid penalties. But none of that excuses Marty's performance - not only did he make some saves to keep the game close, but he made two misplays to give Ottawa life, so in that sense it's a wash.

I don't think anyone is blowing the loss out of proportion, just stating what we saw as the major problems - and one was that the goaltending was, at best, average, while the ST weren't good at all. Close the book on tonight, hope Ryan is back for the weekend, and let's move on...

Marty could/should be starting for 1/3 of the league. Our team is just getting worn down. Too many key injuries...Teppo is still playing 20+ minutes with a tweaked groin. We gave the Sens 6 consecutive full minutes in our zone in the 2nd. That reaks of being tired.

You don't stop the second or third, but the third doesn't happen if he knew how to handle the puck.

The Sens put us under pressure because he tries to clear it off the boards, when all he had to do was tap it to a wide open d-man 8 feet behind him.

Ya, its easy to forget how many players we have out, and really good players at that

A general goaltending question - I was watching on Center Ice, and I didn't hear either goalie banging their stick on the ice to indicate their team's PP was ending...did anyone hear that at any point?

The play that caught my attention was the Ottawa's SH breakaway, when Vermette(?) came out of the box and got behind the "D." I rewound the DVR and didn't hear anything from Marty to let his guys know he was coming out of the box. From then on I tried to pay attention to whether either goalie did, and couldn't really pick it up, so I am wondering what the MSG viewers saw/heard.