Live from enemy territory

BMWR100RT

I am here on business. I walked from my hotel to the closest sports bar (Wild Hair) and I couldn't find anybody who even knew there was a hockey game on tonight. Luckily, they have a section in the back of the bar which has a direct TV at every booth. I was able to get the Canes feed while everyone else was wathing the Carolina Panthers on MNF. Here is my thoughts:

1. the Carolina announcers and color men are just awful. they are the worst homers I have ever heard. RJ and JL, and the Shootout crew are just so much better.

2. The officiating was horrible.

3. Congrats to Adam Mair. He plays his heart out, and while I'm not a jersey guy, his name would be on mine i I was. The only jersey I own is of Shoney. to score a goal like that so quick after they tied the game, and to see how happy the other players were was great.

4. the locals her in south Carolina are just a bunch of knuckleheads. Nobody cared about the game, and the local feed just went to a college scouting report as soon as it was over. No postgame.

5. does everyone smoke in the south? My eyes are still watering.

:lol:

I am here on business. I walked from my hotel to the closest sports bar (Wild Hair) and I couldn't find anybody who even knew there was a hockey game on tonight. Luckily, they have a section in the back of the bar which has a direct TV at every booth. I was able to get the Canes feed while everyone else was wathing the Carolina Panthers on MNF. Here is my thoughts:

1. the Carolina announcers and color men are just awful. they are the worst homers I have ever heard. RJ and JL, and the Shootout crew are just so much better.

3. Congrats to Adam Mair. He plays his heart out, and while I'm not a jersey guy, his name would be on mine i I was. The only jersey I own is of Shoney. to score a goal like that so quick after they tied the game, and to see how happy the other players were was great.

4. the locals her in south Carolina are just a bunch of knuckleheads. Nobody cared about the game, and the local feed just went to a college scouting report as soon as it was over. No postgame.

I think they start them smoking in kindergarten. :lol:

I was listening to these turds on NHL Centre Ice and my god they talked about Allan Ladd all night, like he was the second coming of Messier............What kind of ice cream he like and so much other crap it was a joke man............ :bag:

I was listening to these turds on NHL Centre Ice and my god they talked about Allan Ladd all night, like he was the second coming of Messier............What kind of ice cream he like and so much other crap it was a joke man............ :bag:

What?

I got MSG on NHL Center Ice tonight.

I got MSG with Rick and Jim in Vegas tonight. What a great game whipping the Whalers tonight. I honestly hate them more than Philly right now. Sabres played friggin great tonight. Awesome win! I love it.

"... Now back to you Dave, at NASCAR and the Pit Row Chief, Scooter!"

Don't confuse Columbia SC with any hockey. I live an hour north and all folks in Columbia care about is South Carolina Football. The Hurricanes are thought of as the team from Miami. And YES everyone does smoke in these here parts. ;)

Don't confuse Columbia SC with any hockey. I live an hour north and all folks in Columbia care about is South Carolina Football. The Hurricanes are thought of as the team from Miami. And YES everyone does smoke in these here parts. ;)

Hey now. Not everyone could care less about hockey in Columbia. After all, I live with my uncle in Columbia during the summer. We're both big Sabres fans, of course. ;)

I've also met a couple Sabres fans there as well.

But yeah, it does seem that all that matters there is USC. I must admit that I'm even starting to follow them some now. :o

Football and basketball are the big sports in North Carolina.

Yep, they sure are.

To be expected.

Mair plays hard, that's why he gets ice time.

South Carolina is not Raleigh. North Carolina and South Carolina are two different planets. Football reigns as king in South Carolina (Go '), hockey doesn't matter except to yankees and damn yankees.

South Carolina grows tobacco and the smoking there is no worse than in Michigan. At least now you can get a cocktail that isn't served out of an airline bottle.

But yeah, it does seem that all that matters there is USC. I must admit that I'm even starting to follow them some now. :o

Go '.

:lol:

I think they start them smoking in kindergarten. :lol:

Third grade. It's kindergarten in Georgia.

I am a Buffalo native that lives here in Columbia, SC and there are hockey fans and actually one good rink where I play hockey weekly to get away from Gamecock/Nascar element.

Unfortunately, there is a Gamecock mafia here that has kept pro sports out of the town as anything that is not "USC" related is considered a conflict of interests, so that is why all they care about here is the Gamecocks. They built a brand new Colonial Center for the Gamecock basketball team with the understanding that the Columbia Inferno (ECHL) could play there. Then the Gamecocks screwed the Inferno, demanding all parking revenue and concessions, thus forcing them to play in the ratty old Gamecock arena not built for hockey, and much smaller in rink size than even the Aud. It's so bad there cause of the arena that it's unwatchable. The minor league baseball team was forced out (to Greenville) cause the city wouldn't help them with a new stadium yet they are happy to build a palace for the Division I baseball team. During the Carolina Panthers inaugural season, South Carolina also refused to let the Panthers temporarily play in the stadium here cause they felt some advertising revenues would get siphoned away. Weird place.

Feel lucky that you were just here on business and not living here. Weather is great this time of year but that's only think I can think of that is good about living here. Worst decision I made was to locate here. I thought it would be more like NC but like someone said on here, it's a different planet.

Archived