Monday Night - Carolina

Realist

Three straight OT wins is great, but we're going to get caught one of these days. Carolina is playing great hockey right now, and I'd say Buffalo's performances lately have been subpar. I"m getting worried about Monday, if we play like this, the 'canes are gonna slaughter us.

We have to score on the freakin' power play during regulation, dammit!!! :angry:

Three straight OT wins is great, but we're going to get caught one of these days. Carolina is playing great hockey right now, and I'd say Buffalo's performances lately have been subpar. I"m getting worried about Monday, if we play like this, the 'canes are gonna slaughter us.

We have to score on the freakin' power play during regulation, dammit!!! :angry:

I'm not worried, the Sabres seem to do what they need to do to win games, regardless of who they are playing. The team just wins. Sometimes it isn't the prettiest thing around, but it says a TON about how good this team is that they can play poorly and still win almost every time...

Almost like they have a switch they flip on when they need it and just take over the game...

I'm not worried, the Sabres seem to do what they need to do to win games, regardless of who they are playing. The team just wins. Sometimes it isn't the prettiest thing around, but it says a TON about how good this team is that they can play poorly and still win almost every time...

Almost like they have a switch they flip on when they need it and just take over the game...

well, hopefully we'll get back miller and lydman... plus then you have the prospect of afinogenov POSSIBLY being back for wednesday. that's some momentum to use for monday night

All the talk about the injury bug, I hadn't thought about exactly WHO was hurt until last night. Their two top forwards (Connolly, Afinogenov), two top D (Tallinder, Lydman), and the #1 goalie. And they are still winning. Sorry it is not by more.

When this team is close to healthy, I dont see them losing many games; they've got a good shot at not losing 4 out of 7 to the same team if you know what I mean. :thumbsup:

All the talk about the injury bug, I hadn't thought about exactly WHO was hurt until last night. Their two top forwards (Connolly, Afinogenov), two top D (Tallinder, Lydman), and the #1 goalie. And they are still winning. Sorry it is not by more.

When this team is close to healthy, I dont see them losing many games; they've got a good shot at not losing 4 out of 7 to the same team if you know what I mean. :thumbsup:

Think about this:

At one point last night we had Stafford, Roy, Vanek, Card, Paestch and Biron on the ice... That's stunning.. We won a game with our youngest talent playing.

I think the Carolina game will be a fun one to watch. Back to up and down the ice hockey.

Another interesting thought is a by product of winning is the fear of losing. We really "couldn't afford" to lose last night. We were suppose to win that game and a loss would have been unacceptable. And in the opposite case of losing, no one expects the Bills to beat Indy today, so that loss while painful will not carry the same import. Now comes Carolina. This one is personal and will be for some time. You want to see them give their very best each and everytime they play Carolina. After Carolina comes the Senators and so it goes...

This ride, 14-1-1, is unlike anything I have ever experienced. And it is fun.

Having the depth and talent to reload like this is very nice. Once you have the system in place, the parts can be somewhat interchangeable. These kids coming up were brought up in the system, and they know the way this team plays. That is why all of these kids seem able to step up when they are called.

I agree that Carolina is playing great hockey right now and Florida and Philly aren't teams that the Sabres should be struggling with. Hopefully, the upgrade to a quality opponent will cause the Sabres to play a consistent 60 mins. I expect the effort to be there for both teams and it will be another great game as usual between these two teams.

I agree that Carolina is playing great hockey right now and Florida and Philly aren't teams that the Sabres should be struggling with. Hopefully, the upgrade to a quality opponent will cause the Sabres to play a consistent 60 mins. I expect the effort to be there for both teams and it will be another great game as usual between these two teams.

Florida won the season series against us last year IIRR. For some reason they always play us tough.

My friends and I were joking about that after the comeback vs Boston... it's like when the third period starts, Lindy shouts "Alright guys, 10 minutes 'til gametime!"

My friends and I were joking about that after the comeback vs Boston... it's like when the third period starts, Lindy shouts "Alright guys, 10 minutes 'til gametime!"

Definitely seems like that. But we have to start getting sharper on the ice. We are letting in so many soft goals it is unbelievable. It seems like lately we are having to grind ou and work hard for our goals but yet we give the opponent gift wrapped goals. (I was a little concerned with Marty last game and against Florida. When he's screened a little the puck can hit the back of the net before he even realizes a shot happened)

I honestly think Tallinder brings a lot of composure and structure to our Defense that we lack very much with him out. I just hope we get the bad injuries out of the way now and stay healthy in late Spring.

If we get Connolly back on the ice in February or March he probably won't get back into the game until the playoffs start. But if that happens and we are healthy this team WILL be unstoppable.

Archived