Who the heck fell down to give the Flyers a 3-0?

matter2003

The play occurred when the Sabres were down 4-3. They scored the tying goal a few minutes later. Actually, you can't blame Kalinin - the other defenseman got caught pinching and at least Kalinin got back. While he was shaky on the second and third Philly goals, Biron made a big save.

I'm worried about Kalinin. After he took a pretty good hit from that Flyer he dropped at center, Dmitri was bent over and having some trouble. After that, he played like someone who had gotten dinged. His fall late in the game was actually the second time he did that. And he played a Flyer two on one very oddly, turning away from the puck carrier on right wing. I hope it's not a concussion or something.

Yes, Paetsch caused the 3-on-1, but in the Sabres system there should have been a forward covering for a pinching D-man. There was a blown assignment there and it wasn't Paetsch that blew it.

Actually, you can't blame Kalinin - the other defenseman got caught pinching and at least Kalinin got back. While he was shaky on the second and third Philly goals, Biron made a big save.

And yes, I *can* blame Kalinin. He is our worst D-man, even with two brand new guys coming in from Rochester. There's no way Kalinin should have fallen down. As it is Biron saved the bacon and it all ended up well, but Kalinin is a liability on defense. He's a decent player but I think he would better up front.

Yes, Paetsch caused the 3-on-1, but in the Sabres system there should have been a forward covering for a pinching D-man. There was a blown assignment there and it wasn't Paetsch that blew it.

And yes, I *can* blame Kalinin. He is our worst D-man, even with two brand new guys coming in from Rochester. There's no way Kalinin should have fallen down. As it is Biron saved the bacon and it all ended up well, but Kalinin is a liability on defense. He's a decent player but I think he would better up front.

Why would we move Kalinin from Defense when we already have two injured defensemen? Also, how can you say Kalinin is our worst defensemen? I'm sure you have nothing to back that up besides him falling in the Philly game.

I think Kalinin played very well the other night despite the -2.

He played fast, physical, and gave the plyons fits on the rush.

He's big and fast - and I thought the 2nd best on the ice next to Soupy.

Archived