Camera work not good so far

PASabreFan

I can't remember worse camera work involving Sabres games. Ever. Not sure what's going on -- is some producer's little kid running the thing? The league can talk about HD being a boon for the sport, but if the puck is not on the screen...

Good point. I remember when I was reading about what HD would do for the game, was that because of widescreen the cameras would not have to pan at all when the puck was in the offensive zone. I haven't really seen this taken advantage of yet.

HD, smaetschD. I've said it before and I'll say it again, why can't we get a shot of the action after the whistle. Everytime there is a situation where EVERYONE knows the sheeight is about to hit the fan, I'm looking at the goalie or a player on the bench.

I actually thought the Leafs game on CBC (I have center ice) was worse. They were zoomed in way too far and couldn't keep up with the puck. Did anyone else also get the subliminal messages where the TV test pattern kept blinking on the screen all game probably once a minute or so?

I actually thought the Leafs game on CBC (I have center ice) was worse. They were zoomed in way too far and couldn't keep up with the puck. Did anyone else also get the subliminal messages where the TV test pattern kept blinking on the screen all game probably once a minute or so?

All freaking night.. It was really irratating.. No wait, that was the Sabres play in the second period I was thinking of.

If this is in reference to yeserday's Sabre game, I had the Ranger MSG feed and the camera work was awful...it seemed that the players were always off screen, t the left or the right.

Miserable.

same here. it must've been "bring your toddlers to work night" at MSG...only reasonable explanation the camera work was that bad.

Does anyone still know what happened with the Atlanta-Buffalo game last weekend? It was scheduled all week to be on HDNet, and then they switched the game, at the apparent last second to the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia game on the Schedule Guide. Worse yet, there was no game, but instead a special on travel destinations.

Are there some blackout restrictions related to HD channels and MSG? That would suck to never get to see the Sabres in high-def all year.

A few points:

1. Hockey in HD is great. I am extremely psyched any time one of our games in on in HD. I have a hard time believing that anyone who's seen one of our games in HD would be dissatisfied.

2. However, I think the gradual migration to HD might be causing hiccups in viewing HD games on a non-HD telecast (or a non-HD TV). I noticed this most in the Leafs game on Sat. night (when I wasn't bemoaning the spanking we were getting, that is). The HD view is much wider than the non-HD, and I think what happens is that the cameramen are tracking the puck for the HD view -- which can result in losing the puck off the side of the screen if you are not watching in HD. I was amazed at how often CBC was screwing this up -- so much for Hockey Night in Canada. This btw cemented my opinion that TSN's production is better than CBC's.

3. As for the Atlanta game -- I got it on HDNet, so not sure what the problem was there.

If the poor camera work is actually the result of filming the games with HD in mind -- which makes sense in that I have never noticed this problem before, and I doubt the camera guys started sucking overnight -- then it's a shame. I would imagine that a very strong majority of people are not watching in high def.

Archived