I Can't Stop Smiling

bob_sauve28

Getting away with that makes up for the busted camera cause that puck definitely could've crossed the line.

I really could not see the puck in any of the replays shown. The puck was definetly under his pad, but was it over the goal line? Even the overhead camera may not have been able to detect that. The referee was right there and indicated no goal.

After the fourth goal for the Bruins I was really starting to think we were going to lose. That had to be the sloppiest game that I've ever seen this Sabres team play. We had so many turnovers it was unbelievable. It may be that this game spurs the Sabres on to another winning streak but they looked so bad tonight that I was seriously starting to worry about a big let down over the next couple weeks. I personally think that this game was just because of the pretty big layoff we had.

That was a huge non call. A high stick that draws blood is a double minor IIRC which means we have played the entire overtime 4 on 3.

Actually it would have been all but slightly over a minute of OT. But there are bad calls that lead to powerplays that the opposing team converts. At worst the Sabres get 1 point instead of 2 tonight.

Actually it would have been all but slightly over a minute of OT. But there are bad calls that lead to powerplays that the opposing team converts. At worst the Sabres get 1 point instead of 2 tonight.

We did get a PP in overtime. We had 4 PP, the Bruins 3 and they converted on 2 of them. All in all I thought the officials called a fair game tonight.

You are right about the points, but getting that extra point is huge momentum wise IMO.

We did get a PP in overtime. We had 4 PP, the Bruins 3 and they converted on 2 of them. All in all I thought the officials called a fair game tonight.

You are right about the points, but getting that extra point is huge momentum wise IMO.

I thought they called it fair by not calling half of what should have been called against both teams. There was tons of holding, interference, clutching, grabbing and hooking (by both teams) that was not called and I think it got out of control since they ignored so much earlier on. Allow me to explain the "out of control" comment I just made: both teams felt they could get away with alot and did not hesitate to do so. Sitting on a player in the corners should have been called; countless holds and holding the sticks were ignored; interference was being used everywhere.

While both teams did it, the Sabres type of game was far more disrupted by it. That is not an excuse for the horrendous play the exhibited, mind you, just a statement of fact. The high trap of the Bruin's game was far more receptive to this old school type of game.

God, I hate the trap.

I thought they called it fair by not calling half of what should have been called against both teams. There was tons of holding, interference, clutching, grabbing and hooking (by both teams) that was not called and I think it got out of control since they ignored so much earlier on. Allow me to explain the "out of control" comment I just made: both teams felt they could get away with alot and did not hesitate to do so. Sitting on a player in the corners should have been called; countless holds and holding the sticks were ignored; interference was being used everywhere.

While both teams did it, the Sabres type of game was far more disrupted by it. That is not an excuse for the horrendous play the exhibited, mind you, just a statement of fact. The high trap of the Bruin's game was far more receptive to this old school type of game.

God, I hate the trap.

Good points and I agree. They were clogging up our skating lanes very effectively for most of the game and forcing us into turnovers. I still think we skated and passed poorly for most of the game though. However, this team has depth and they never, ever give up. I mean even in the "new" NHL, how many teams can come from behind late in the game like we have this year. Down 2 to the Canadians with less than 5 minutes in regulation, we tie and win in a SO. We tie the Thrashers with less than 2 minutes left and salvage 1 point, and now tonight down 3 late in the third.

I really could not see the puck in any of the replays shown. The puck was definetly under his pad, but was it over the goal line? Even the overhead camera may not have been able to detect that. The referee was right there and indicated no goal.

The ref was definitely NOT right there. He was on the opposite side of the net, had the same view as the goal cam. If he'd been on the other side, he might have seen it better. It's the luck of the draw on which side he's on for each play. Tough break.

Yup, last night looked like the series against Ottawa - Pre-lockout hockey.

Will be interesting to see if the leagyue reverts back to old-school in the playoffs like they did last year.

I think I missed the revert last year. The refs still called the holding, hooking, and obstruction last year in the playoffs.

Archived