JACK@$$ Of the DAY!!!

navybillsfan

Moron

Buffalo has OWNED the Leafs for the past, oh, 6 years....

Heres is a little clip I found to help Mr Shaw here rememeber....

Sums up the Leafs season..

LEADING OFF: Sabres record isn?t real

By Jeff Shaw

Greater Niagara Newspapers

I?m enjoying the Buffalo Sabres? winning streak as much as anybody.

It?s been an absolute thrill watching this team chase down Toronto?s record of 10 straight wins to open the season, which could be broken tonight.

I even attended the home opener, which the Sabres won in a shootout.

But wait a minute ? shootout?

In 1993, the Maple Leafs won 10 straight when shootouts didn?t settle games.

If the Sabres played the same way in 1993, they would have posted a record 7-0-3 thus far, not 10-0.

In fact, we wouldn?t have opened the season with one win, nevertheless 10 straight.

It pains me to type these words, but the Leafs have us beat.

Contact Jeff Shaw at 693-1000, Ext. 157, or shawj@gnnewspaper.com.

? Click to discuss this story with other readers on our forums.

the nhl recognizes it, and that's good enough for me.

either way, it's meaningless unless this team learns from each and every game. i agree with miller's comments in that hotlist interview...there are still aspects of their game that can be improved upon. but man, can you imagine how good this team will be when it's firing on all cylinders? sheeeeeeeeeeeeit.

leaf fans are the biggest whiners ever.............. :nana:

They're up there. I know they didn't take too kindly to Peters' golf swing (according to Miss Blue and White).

Even after all this time, I still think it's really :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . That was pretty creative (even though he says it wasn't professional on his part).

there was no ot in the 75-76 season when the sabres set the original record at eight. so i would say the leafs subsequent record set with ot is equally as legit as the sabres 10. it is always difficult to compare eras in sports as rules change with the times. either way 10-1 is a great start and I am more proud with the way the croud and team responded to the loss than i am of the record tieing start.

They're up there. I know they didn't take too kindly to Peters' golf swing (according to Miss Blue and White).

Even after all this time, I still think it's really :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . That was pretty creative (even though he says it wasn't professional on his part).

I knew their was a reason I liked Peters, I forgot about that one........... :D

The 1993 Laughs would have been 7-0-1 in 1982 as their 8th game was won in OT, which started in 1983. Do they get an astrik as well?

there was no ot in the 75-76 season when the sabres set the original record at eight.

I think that this is the ultimate comeback to any angry Leafs fans. It would have been cool if there was just some other team that had gone 8-0 in the pre-OT days, but the fact that it is the Sabres that did it is so much better.

I was so angry when I was driving to work this morning when I was listening to a local radio station and one of the DJ's talked about how she was glad that the Sabres lost because she was sick of how much Sabres fans were gloating and feeling they were above everyone because of the streak they were on. Then she even mentioned the whole when the Leafs did it they didn;t have shootouts. I was angered by this because I never noticed any type of attitude from any Sabres fans. I thought fans were handling the streak better then Leafs fans who still think they are the top of the NHL (and always have). She is also a Leafs fan so I'm not surprised she would say something like that. its not the Sabres fault the NHL Retirement home is low on talent for them to shop from and the bruins 3rd stringer isn't cutting it as the new starter in T.O.

Archived