Tim Connolly playing in Poker Tournament

gilbert1175

I guess he needs something to do...

The only qualifications required are cash and the time to play. Someone with both is Tim Connolly of the Buffalo Sabres. He's on the injured list and not playing as he tries to shake off the lingering effects of a concussion.

"Since I can't even travel with the team, I figured I'd play in this event," Connolly said. "It has been frustrating, not being able to play hockey, or even work out. So I've been playing a little poker, and enjoying it."

Though Connolly is a pretty solid poker player, in an event on the World Poker Tour circuit he is what the pros call "dead money." He has paid his ten grand, but his odds of winning are slim.

He proves them right and exits halfway through Day 1.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/OtherSports/2006...145596-sun.html

He knows how to bluff well, $12 million for a guy that has 1 good hit left to take was a great play by Timmy.

Steve....tell him to grow his hair back.....it reduces friction and would lessen any blow to the head.

Plus he looks like Moby.

I met Glibert himself at a racketball club years ago... in the sauna. That guy had some funny-lookin' calves. I guess that's what all that skating does to you.

You were checking out his calves in the Sauna?

Shouldn't this thread read "Golisano plays in Poker tournament through Tim Connolley" It must be nice to go play in a poker tournament with TG's money he has given you to sit around and get over your last concussion.

Archived