Around the Horn

jwrak

Woody Paige predicts the Sabres will go 82-0

I don't think we'll see another team go undefeated throughout an entire season in our lifetimes. What the archenemy Miami Dolphins did in 1972 was a miracle/fluke, depending on how you look at it. :thumbdown:

Who is this Woody Paige guy anyways? I've never heard of him. I also think that this 82-0 business is really shooting for the moon in a Yugo.

I don't think we'll see another team go undefeated throughout an entire season in our lifetimes. What the archenemy Miami Dolphins did in 1972 was a miracle/fluke, depending on how you look at it. :thumbdown:

Who is this Woody Paige guy anyways? I've never heard of him. I also think that this 82-0 business is really shooting for the moon in a Yugo.

If you're talking sports that play more than 12-15 games per year, you are correct. If you're talking football, how often does the national champ lose a game? :doh:

As for pro football, I expect someone will go undefeated in the next 20 years, especially if the parity/revenue sharing gets upset. (I have to believe someone will beat the !#%!#%! fish's record. Heck, technically at least 2 teams beat it. The Bears and Whiners have both gone 15-1 and then won the Superbowl. The @#%! fish only won 14 and the playoffs.)

Archived