Is Boston trying to kill Chara??

LabattBlue

Thats not that much when you have to factor in that it takes him 5 mins to reach the bench on a change

That's really being facetious. However, he is the tallest player in the league, and size can have plenty to say about speed (or, shall we say, the lack thereof).

They also made him captain, according to Rob Ray on the pregame show the other night. If I were one of the veteran B's (Murray, Axelsson), that wouldn't sit well with me. As the Sabres have proven, success has a lot to do with chemistry.

It wouldn't? You would actually let something so small get in the way of the team? Can we trade you to another message board?

I cannot wait until our first NESN broadcast featuring Brickley and Edwards overexaggerating how much the Chara pickup means to the B's...bet there are no mentions of how Pommer used him as a pylon in LY's playoffs...

:worthy:

I cannot wait until our first NESN broadcast featuring Brickley and Edwards overexaggerating how much the Chara pickup means to the B's...bet there are no mentions of how Pommer used him as a pylon in LY's playoffs...

Ummm ... that was Alfedsson ... Chara was the guy standing and watching instead of helping out.

Sorry I missed that... maybe I should travel back home for every game against the Bruins... :P

Besides, tonight is the first Center Ice game this year for me (outside of the free preview.) With our travel, the games on Vs. and the switch from cable to DirecTV we waited until now to order the package. I am pumped to watch it again...

Come on now. He has to cross the red line during the 2nd period to change lines.

Actually, I was shocked to see him break up a Sabres possession in the Boston zone last week. I just assumed that he got confused, kind of like that one football player years ago who picked up a fumble and ran it back the wrong way.

No biggie, as you can see below, I took it on the chin a little there too...

Ummm ... that was Alfedsson ... Chara was the guy standing and watching instead of helping out.

Archived