Marty's Mask

ET1062

Where's the photo. I'll believe it when I see it. I can't imagine that helmets don't have to meet some kind of "graphic standards" that the team sets. I can't imagine them letting Marty contradict the logo push.

EDIT: Ha, sorry, I guess they showed it on the TV feed. I'm listening to WGR550.com. Hmm. Can't wait to see it.

Where's the photo. I'll believe it when I see it. I can't imagine that helmets don't have to meet some kind of "graphic standards" that the team sets. I can't imagine them letting Mart contradict the logo push.

They just showed off his new mask on VS. Are you not watching the game?

Well, it does have the new logo on each side...but I did see one of the Celcius designs on the back side.

The slug logo is above each temple but a John Slabyk Sabres logo is definitely on each side!

Incredible, an internet team logo just broke into the NHL. And the Sabres are showing off a good new logo 9 games into the season.

Nine wins into a nine game old season... that's why it's hard to complain.

The suckiness of the uniforms has no effect on the team being incredible.

Here are the logos on each side of the helmet:

alt_01.jpg

and

alt_01a.jpg

"Alt_01" and "Alt_01a" if you head over to "previous designs" on this page. Link

The slug logo is above each temple but a John Slabyk Sabres logo is definitely on each side!

Incredible, an internet team logo just broke into the NHL. And the Sabres are showing off a good new logo 9 games into the season.

What kind of Slabyk logo is it? Is it really a customized logo, or is it just an updated crossed swords/Buffalo logo (from our throwbacks). Because in all honesty, it could just be a stylized crossed swords logo and that doesn't neccessarily mean they got it from Slabyk.

But if it is one of the actual different logos, then I guess there's some validity to that.

What kind of Slabyk logo is it? Is it really a customized logo, or is it just an updated crossed swords/Buffalo logo (from our throwbacks). Because in all honesty, it could just be a stylized crossed swords logo and that doesn't neccessarily mean they got it from Slabyk.

But if it is one of the actual different logos, then I guess there's some validity to that.

It is this one:

post-733-1161654013_thumbjpg

Located to the sides of the cage approx. where cheek bones are. I thought the mask looked really sharp all around.

I went to Slabyk's website and checked. It's "Alt_01" and "Alt_01a" on his old website. Definitely not just any update of the old logo.

Those are distinct Slabyk logos.

I went to Slabyk's website and checked. It's "Alt_01" and "Alt_01a" on his old website. Definitely not just any update of the old logo.

Those are distinct Slabyk logos.

That's pretty cool then... too bad we couldn't have gotten that on the front of the jerseys!

It was both. He had a different version on each side. One with the crossed swords pointing up and another with the crossed swords pointing down.

I'm pretty sure that naked chick on the back of the helmet was Mandy because I recognize the birthmark.

I'm sure he paid Slaybak to use the logos... or at least asked permission... how cool is that?!?!?!?!?!

I know JS is a member here (humanot) but he posted the following message on a sports logo message board I belong to and wanted to share.... again below is a post from John Slaybak

"hey everyone ... just wanted to let you all know that Marty did ask permission for use of the logo as well as permission for a few others to use (the wordmark on there is mine as well). Its definitely an honor to see it on the ice, and I wanted to really brand it nicely and see how the organization reacts knowing that the players are behind this look and prefer something like this ... this being something non-slug.

I actually offered to design the entire mask, which he was excited about. However, with timing needed to send it out to the airbrush artist he wanted to use, and my work schedule and I had literally NO time there to get a design done for him. I'm still talking with him about using a couple designs I'm working on for the mask ... I'd love to give him a phenomonal mask without the slug, but we'll see what happens.

If it all comes through and I get something to him that will get made, I'll let you guys all know."

Archived