Thomas Vanek!!

bob_sauve28

He is turning into a great player. And that's fun to watch. I think watching the younger players on this team mature is one of the best sub plots of the season so far.

And how many of you were not worried when the Sabres were down and being outplayed? I felt they could come back, it seems like they always do.

Agree, Bobby-0. He's a more complete player, and it's fun to watch. On the bench before the shootout, I saw a more animated and emotionally engaged Vanek giving some advice to Briere. It's good to see.

I think in the midst of all the excitment of last season that people forgot he was a rookie. I expect Vanek to still have some ups and downs this season. I also expect for him to be mature enough to be able to bounce back quickly when the low points happen.

I think in the midst of all the excitment of last season that people forgot he was a rookie. I expect Vanek to still have some ups and downs this season. I also expect for him to be mature enough to be able to bounce back quickly when the low points happen.

I agree DeLuca, he had a great rookie campaign and is only getting better............. B-)

I don't think it was that people forgot he was a rookie, I think it was more the fact of the competition of his fellow rookie class. Between Crosby and Ovechkin setting the bar for the rookies last year, everyones expectations were raised for what a rookie should come in and do

I don't think it was that people forgot he was a rookie, I think it was more the fact of the competition of his fellow rookie class. Between Crosby and Ovechkin setting the bar for the rookies last year, everyones expectations were raised for what a rookie should come in and do

Crosby and Ovechkin are already in the top 10 forwards in the league. Vanek struggles to be in the top 5 on his team.

Crosby and Ovechkin are already in the top 10 forwards in the league. Vanek struggles to be in the top 5 on his team.

Let's calm down a bit.

You are talking about two #1 overall picks. Not every superstar player starts off as a overnight success. Vanek has a lot of natural talent. But he will have to work hard to be the star player he wants to be.

And all do respect to the wonder twins. The Sabres are trying to win a Cup. The Caps and Pens can afford to overload ice time to their young guns. The Caps and Pens are geared towards making the kids successfu. The Sabres are geared towards team success.

And all do respect to the wonder twins. The Sabres are trying to win a Cup. The Caps and Pens can afford to overload ice time to their young guns. The Caps and Pens are geared towards making the kids successfu. The Sabres are geared towards team success.

exactly

Let's calm down a bit.

You are talking about two #1 overall picks. Not every superstar player starts off as a overnight success. Vanek has a lot of natural talent. But he will have to work hard to be the star player he wants to be.

Yes.

What I unsuccessfully tried to illustrate was apus' (hehe) point about the bar being raised. My point is, for whatever reason you choose, that Vanek can not be compared to Crosby and Ovechkin.

Let's calm down a bit.

I actually think the Pens look pretty good so far this year. I've only caught bits and pieces of their games, but they look much improved.

I actually think the Pens look pretty good so far this year. I've only caught bits and pieces of their games, but they look much improved.

That's because their lineup doesn't resemble Methuselah as much as it did last year. They had way too many geriatric veterans last season.

Archived