GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

This game could be a major letdown game for the sabres, 3rd game in 4 nights... it could get ugly. Coming into ottawa, a team that really hates us, after that emotional game last night... Wow... About the only thing that's on the sabres side tonight: if there's a definition for one team being in the head of another team, well that's the sabres situation with ottawa... We could win, and i really think we can, but it will be really difficult. Hope Emery plays!!! I love that guy.

This game could be a major letdown game for the sabres, 3rd game in 4 nights... it could get ugly. Coming into ottawa, a team that really hates us, after that emotional game last night... Wow... About the only thing that's on the sabres side tonight: if there's a definition for one team being in the head of another team, well that's the sabres situation with ottawa... We could win, and i really think we can, but it will be really difficult. Hope Emery plays!!! I love that guy.

I don't know. You may be right, but I just have a hard time picturing an Alfredsson led team being worked up about anything, much less getting to the point of "hating".

I don't know. You may be right, but I just have a hard time picturing an Alfredsson led team being worked up about anything, much less getting to the point of "hating".

They do show quite a bit of emotion in october, november, and december... Like the Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning, the senators and alfredson are Mr. October.

I think it's actually gonna be a tight game.

Very hard to win back to back nights, especially in your division. Ottawa didn't play yesterday either, so they're gonna be fresh for us.

We basically need 60 minutes this time, there won't be any 5 minutes of stellar play getting us the win

It's going to be tough going because it's third game in four nights, also because we're coming off of two shootout games. Also, Ottawa is going to be out for blood since they got trounced by Toronto in their last game.

I don't know that anyhting Lindy says can make for fresh legs, but my guess is that he'll be reminding everyone how Ottawa was the monkey on the Sabres backs all last season until we finished them off in the playoffs. At the beginning of last season, the Sens were the only club we just couldn't find a way to beat. Beating them right off will make sure that no Ottawa mystique develops causing us to slump whenever we play them.

With this group, I'd hate to make any predictions. The only catch may be it's the third game in four days.

Do you think it'd be a good idea for Biron to play? They have almost one week off after this game.

I'd go with Miller because of the time off after the game. It's early in the season, he can handle 3 games in 4 nights.

And Miller plays well after a bad game. I don't know how he played last night, but I'm sure he's not too happy about letting in 4.

I wouldn't say Ryan had a bad game, at least two of those Montreal goals came off some pretty sick Carolina-like bounces, not giving him much of a chance.

And Miller plays well after a bad game. I don't know how he played last night, but I'm sure he's not too happy about letting in 4.

i think he played a decent game... weak on the blocker side but some there were some bounces and the puck just landed in front of a canadians player... not much he could do...

Yeah, I didn't like the rebound he gave up on the first one, but the rest weren't really his fault.

I agree those goals were not Millers fault, sometimes people have to consider all the nice saves a goalie makes before opening their mouths, trust me its not as easy as it looks................. B-)

Yay Campbell! 2-0! Finally a PPG.

sometimes people have to consider all the nice saves a goalie makes before opening their mouths

I'm not sure if that is aimed at me or not, but I'll address it as such. Nowhere in my post did I say Miller had a bad game. In fact, I specifically stated that I don't know how he played. I was noting how he tends to excel after bad games, and that he may see allowing 4 goals as a bad game, regardless of how he played.

Yay Campbell! 2-0! Finally a PPG.

I'm not sure if that is aimed at me or not, but I'll address it as such. Nowhere in my post did I say Miller had a bad game. In fact, I specifically stated that I don't know how he played. I was noting how he tends to excel after bad games, and that he may see allowing 4 goals as a bad game, regardless of how he played.

Not really aimed at anyone, just stating that Miller played well and made some nice saves.......... B-)