Thornburn claimed by Pens...

ncsabre

I love how we had 4 different threads and each title was different. Nice work on the quick merging mods.

Anyway, I've been thinking for a while now that the keys to this team's depth this year are Stafford and Zagrapan. If we're going to need someone to step up and make a major impact due to injury, it will probably have to be one of those guys.

I was hoping that he would clear waivers. Just missed going to Rochester by a few hrs..

http://pittsburghpenguins.com/

I don't think he just missed out going to Rochester.

If I understand the waiver system, A player is put on waivers for 24hrs and clears if no one puts in a claim. Teams have 24 hrs to make a claim and the player is awarded to the team that had the lowest record the previous year. So Pitsburgh may have put their claim in last night, but he was not awarded to them until today.

We all knew we would have alot of trouble trying to pass players through waivers after last season. Its not going to be easy to catch lightning in a bottle again this year

If I understand the waiver system, A player is put on waivers for 24hrs and clears if no one puts in a claim. Teams have 24 hrs to make a claim and the player is awarded to the team that had the lowest record the previous year. So Pitsburgh may have put their claim in last night, but he was not awarded to them until today.

We all knew we would have alot of trouble trying to pass players through waivers after last season. Its not going to be easy to catch lightning in a bottle again this year

I was just guessing about the couple hrs. I knew that teams had til 3pm today to claim him. Your right though, he could have been claimed yesterday..

You're take on the waiver system is completely correct. The priority order changes during the season based on current records, but right now, it's based on last season's standings.

Archived