Game Thread

Seannie34

15-9 now.....really starting to get into this team....

Whats the latest on Briere?

He's awesome. I love listening to him. His best one is, "well scratch my back with a hack saw." He has many other good ones. I didn't care for the color commentator, but the other dude, lol, he cracks me up.

He's awesome. I love listening to him. His best one is, "well scratch my back with a hack saw." He has many other good ones. I didn't care for the color commentator, but the other dude, lol, he cracks me up.

But what on earth does it mean? Does he just make things up?

Yeah, them saying that is pretty bad. Did you notice also that he said really, really weird things when the Pens scored? After their first goal, he said "Now its time to buy new shoes!". After their second goal, he said "Never teach a pig to sing." Now, maybe I'm just not familiar with some inside pgh joke, but what on earth was he talking about?

that may have been the worst tv coverage I've seen this year. Boston and Washington were also pretty lousy, but I think that was worse. The play-by-play man sounded like he was at a funeral and continually peppered the game action with irrelevant facts that he was (probably) just reading off of the media guide. also pretty poor production values -- camera work was shoddy, no postgame, etc.

what has happened to the penguins franchise? that team looks like a bunch of losers.

the sabres, on the other hand, have gotten in the habit of winning. we have taken a bunch of injuries in stride, the young kids have really stepped up, and we continue to just fly around the ice in a highly entertaining fashion.

My 3 stars:

1. Max

2. Hecht

3. Numminen

Slipping a bit & need to bear down:

1. campbell

2. connolly

big game coming up on the road against the habs, who, unlike the sabres, have gone into a tailspin since losing their top forward (kovalev). If Marty plays well we will win. I'm guessing we'll then see Mika vs. the Sharks. Also hoping that the 2 of them get a competitive thing going, with each playing enough to keep the other one on edge.

Go Sabres.

If Marty plays well we will win. I'm guessing we'll then see Mika vs. the Sharks. Also hoping that the 2 of them get a competitive thing going, with each playing enough to keep the other one on edge.

I think we'll see Ruff continue to ride Marty for the next few games. You can never be too careful with a groin injury. A little extra rest for Mika can't hurt.

FSN Pitt announcers...... BORING!! Holy S h it do they suck ass.

Biscut?? C'mon. And NICE Camera work fellas! Looks like a 5 yr old running the camera. Terrible.

n

Thank god for Rick and Jim. Simply the best. :D

Yeah, terrible coverage all around. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. My favorite of the night is when the color commentator was trying to figure out if a penalty had been called when the net got knocked off the moorings (I believe it went all the way to the back boards). Great attention to detail.

Where did you get that from? I heard that about Dumont but not Briere.

that's what i read from the buffalo news article. Dumont's probably done for most of the season (i'm reading into ruff's comments) and briere is probably out till christmas (which is ok, considering how the rest of the team has played).

Where's DeLuca when Biron plays well? Or for that matter, how smart does Regier look for not trading Biron/Noronen for a bag of pucks? Oh I forgot, if Regier does something right, it's by accident.

PTR

Could you possibly qoute my post where I hammer Biron? I know facts don't mean much on these boards but I try to keep them straight when my name is used.

And your right. Regier Knew Miller was going to get hurt and that's why he sat on his hands. :blink: Again facts mean very little. Of course now that Marty has put some games together you can't trade him now :lol: When your course of action is to take no action sometimes it works out. I like how Regier should be a good GM because Miller takes a feak puck off the thumb. :lol:

I'm also sure the Regier Fans are alrewady getting their posts together on how you can't fire Regier because Briere and Dumont got hurt :lol: Just more excuses.

Yeah, terrible coverage all around. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. My favorite of the night is when the color commentator was trying to figure out if a penalty had been called when the net got knocked off the moorings (I believe it went all the way to the back boards). Great attention to detail.

That was former Sabre Bob Errey, not exactly the best color commentator out there.

Did anyone else notice how many times they said "Mike Grier (or any other player), out there in a penalty killing role"? That one got on my nerves a bit.