Game Thread

Seannie34

these fsn pittsburgh guys suck...  we're all very lucky to have had rick jennerette and ted darling as our announcers for the past 35 years.

Amen! I can't take it!

When did Derek Roy become related to Patrick?

Lots of injuries to report for Buffalo, yet they completely fail to mention Ryan Miller, who is the team's starting goalie.

You'd think M.A. Fleury was the best goalie in the league, and not just called up from the minors dues to struggles with T-Bo.

Plenty of missed action and just poor announcing with the same old cliches. No excitement either.

Goose just scored, 2-1 Buffalo. :D :D :D

Amen! I can't take it!

When did Derek Roy become related to Patrick?

Lots of injuries to report for Buffalo, yet they completely fail to mention Ryan Miller, who is the team's starting goalie.

You'd think M.A. Fleury was the best goalie in the league, and not just called up from the minors dues to struggles with T-Bo.

Plenty of missed action and just poor announcing with the same old cliches. No excitement either.

Goose just scored, 2-1 Buffalo. :D :D :D

biscuit!!

yeah, they spent an entire segment talking about fleury being a rookie... then after the 2nd goal they blame it on the tight fitting uniform, and how he'dmadke the saves in years past. even my wife, who could care less, plus she's reading a book and not paying attention said "these guys are terrible... i like the buffalo announcers better."

although, then she started mentioning van jennerentz, which made her entire argument invalid.

these fsn pittsburgh guys suck... we're all very lucky to have had rick jennerette and ted darling as our announcers for the past 35 years.

Could they please use the word "puck". I think they'll manage to broadcast an entire game saying only "biscuit" instead of "puck". I also don't know if it is because the crowd is quiet or it is microphone placement, but I seem to be hearing the puck hit sticks on virtually every pass and alot of skate blades along the ice.

Fitzpatrick took Birons stick with him on the firsat goal as he tried to get back to his check.

Roy told Rick that it is pronounced Roo Wah last week when Tallinder and Lydman also had their pronunciations corrected. (I can't remember the exact way it as worded but Derek said something about being originally from French background or his family is or something. Also, Pittsburgh has a "Roy" French Canadien and the announcer is probably just used to it.

And yes, they suck.

Congrats on another solid performance. Two more road points against a team they are "supposed" to beat.

Big week to finish off. In Montreal against a team that is looking for some payback against us AND coming off being shut out in Ottawa tonight. Then a REALLY big game against the Sharks Friday as I'll be in HSBC for the game.

Guest GTsnowracer
smart hockey=take a dive... yes, that's FSN's announcers for you.

Yeah, them saying that is pretty bad. Did you notice also that he said really, really weird things when the Pens scored? After their first goal, he said "Now its time to buy new shoes!". After their second goal, he said "Never teach a pig to sing." Now, maybe I'm just not familiar with some inside pgh joke, but what on earth was he talking about?