check this out

fushetti

The hat looks fine, except for the Buffalo on the back strap. I actually like the darker blue and darker gold.

Does anyone else think that the NHL sure could use an upgrade in terms of the type of merchandise it sells? I know that the NFL is bigger and makes more money and on any given game day has 50+ "models" standing around on the sidelines showing off new hats, t-shirts, polos and whatnot, but man, the selection of NHL merchandise blows.

You can barely find any type of fitted hat, most of the hats are boring and just have a logo on them, and if you're ordering stuff online, instead of going down to the Sabres Store, your selection is horribly limited. It's time the NHL got Reebok to actually create some interesting stuff instead of working on new-fitting jerseys for 3 years.

So the ass that had bought the hat said, "If that's not the new logo, they'd better send me a new hat."

Stupid.

If that's not the real logo, and a switch is pulled last minute, that guy is holding a piece of gold.

It's equatable to the "Stanley Cup Champions" hats they burn in the parking lot the second that team loses in game seven. I always wanted one of those.

The hat looks fine, except for the Buffalo on the back strap. I actually like the darker blue and darker gold.

Does anyone else think that the NHL sure could use an upgrade in terms of the type of merchandise it sells? I know that the NFL is bigger and makes more money and on any given game day has 50+ "models" standing around on the sidelines showing off new hats, t-shirts, polos and whatnot, but man, the selection of NHL merchandise blows.

You can barely find any type of fitted hat, most of the hats are boring and just have a logo on them, and if you're ordering stuff online, instead of going down to the Sabres Store, your selection is horribly limited. It's time the NHL got Reebok to actually create some interesting stuff instead of working on new-fitting jerseys for 3 years.

I agree that the darker blue & gold is the way to go, but I still can't see myself wearing anything with that logo.

On your second point - absolutely. The NHL merchandise generally seems to be lower quality and there is less variety of merchandise available. Really, you do have to go to the Sabres Store to get quality stuff anymore.

On that note, why aren't there "Sabres Stores" in the Walden Galleria, Boulevard, and other local malls? The Indians do a great job of that here in the Cleveland area - you can even get tickets at their mall stores, and they carry a lot of the same stuff the in-stadium store does. I know the Bills have at least one in Rochester - why not tap that market instead of letting the places like Dick's, Laux, etc., pick up sales on that stuff? Just a thought.

As for the visibility of the merchandise - one thing the league or teams could do is mandate what they want players wearing to press conferences or to public appearances. Maybe instead of seeing Ryan Miller do a pre-game interview with OLN/Versus while wearing his pads and an Under Armour shirt (or whatever he wears under his sweater) he could throw on a Sabres sweatshirt or hat or something to show off for the cameras. Again, just a though to help promote the league or team merchandise.

Archived