rick jeanerette bubble hockey game!

blugold43

Check it out. I spent the weekend organizing and presenting at a conference center just outside Philly. When we booked the place, they promised us they had a really nice rumpus room there with ping pong, 9-foot pooltables foosball etc etc. We went down there to shoot pool and lo and behold they also had one of those way-cool bubble hockey games. so my buddy and i manned the controls, pressed play, and out of the speakers boomed the voice of Rick Jeanerette, saying things like "HEEEERE we go!," He SCORES!," and "OHHHHH!" on the shots that narrowly missed.

it was really cool and funny hearing RJ call my bubble hockey game. I was just wondering if anyone else knew these existed?

btw, my team captured the best of three series 2-1, 0-5 and 5-1.

bubble hockey rules.

Yeah, I first saw one in Great Skate on Sheridan Drive in one time when I was back home visiting. A friend of mine down here in NC bought one and it's awesome. Every time I go over his house every one ends up playing some bubble hockey.

Oh my dear Lord, I want one. Why have I never heard of this?

Anyone else play the board hockey games with the rods and springs and stuff?

I have one of the old board games with the rods (no springs) from when they had just the original 6 teams. Its still in fairly good shape along with the original box, except for the glass which was busted and it needs the rubber stoppers at the end of the rods for better grip.

I would love to find one of those jeanerette bubble hockey games though, a muxt have for all Sabres fans. Was one of the teams atleast the Sabres?

naw, they were just generic unis...one was red and white, the other was blue and white. i played the red team and pretended to be the butterknife sabres.

i would imagine the same game with little sabre players (goatheads vs. slugs?) would bring a lot of change if it was auctioned off somehow to soe sabre fans.

I would love to find one of those jeanerette bubble hockey games though, a muxt have for all Sabres fans. Was one of the teams atleast the Sabres?

No it just comes with the generic blue and red teams. There are places that make players however, so you can get replacement guys in Sabre's uniforms. I'll tell you this though... the unit is not cheap. I think my friend paid more than $2,000 for his.

I miss the old days where every bubble hockey table was the US vs. the USSR. I haven't seen a machine in a while now, but I doubt they still use those colors.

I might not be remembering this correctly, but for some reason I want to say that they used to have machines out at least 8 years ago that used Rick's voice.

Check it out. I spent the weekend organizing and presenting at a conference center just outside Philly. When we booked the place, they promised us they had a really nice rumpus room there with ping pong, 9-foot pooltables foosball etc etc. We went down there to shoot pool and lo and behold they also had one of those way-cool bubble hockey games. so my buddy and i manned the controls, pressed play, and out of the speakers boomed the voice of Rick Jeanerette, saying things like "HEEEERE we go!," He SCORES!," and "OHHHHH!" on the shots that narrowly missed.

it was really cool and funny hearing RJ call my bubble hockey game. I was just wondering if anyone else knew these existed?

btw, my team captured the best of three series 2-1, 0-5 and 5-1.

bubble hockey rules.

These games are made by Innovative Concepts in Clarence, NY. I have a friend who has one and painted Sabres and Leafs jerseys on the players.

http://www.icegame.com/GameDetail.aspx?ProductID=1

I also saw it at Great Skate, didn't know anybody could get one though. Pretty sweet.

Gary Pools in Cheektowaga used to have at least one in stock all of the time. Don't know if they do anymore. The employees played when the store was slow. They go for about $2500.

RJ BUBBLE HOCKEY!!! I had no idea. If RJ yelled "SHAAAUGHT!!!!" everytime a save was made that would so sweet.

Bubble hockey rules.

Even when the puck just goes through the crease, RJ yells 'Oooooooooooh!'

When it goes to overtime he says ' Overtime is looming next'

Archived