When will we find out breire's contract Numbers?

syr6987

The arbitrator has to give his decision within 48 hours of the hearing. AFAIK, there is no extension for weekend days, so it should be announced by noon on Saturday.

With any luck a deal will be in place before the decision is made.

The arbitrator has to give his decision within 48 hours of the hearing. AFAIK, there is no extension for weekend days, so it should be announced by noon on Saturday.

But you don't know that for sure, do you Dave? Huh? I for one am getting a little sick and tired of you coming on here not having done your homework. What's your problem!?

(For the sarcasm-challenged, yes, I'm joking.)

But you don't know that for sure, do you Dave? Huh? I for one am getting a little sick and tired of you coming on here not having done your homework. What's your problem!?

Typical Dave. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should stick to debating over who's the hottest Sabre.

With any luck a deal will be in place before the decision is made.

I know in real life the parties could do that--but in the NHL, can the parties still negotiate after arbitration has begun? I ask only because every article I've seen has stated that the team & player can negotiate until arbitration begins (here's an example stating that the Sabres and Briere had until 9am today).

Dave (or others)--any idea whether they still can negotiate? And where do you get your CBA insight? Do you have a copy (or a link to the CBA)? Would be interesting to read.

I know in real life the parties could do that--but in the NHL, can the parties still negotiate after arbitration has begun? I ask only because every article I've seen has stated that the team & player can negotiate until arbitration begins (here's an example stating that the Sabres and Briere had until 9am today).

Dave (or others)--any idea whether they still can negotiate? And where do you get your CBA insight? Do you have a copy (or a link to the CBA)? Would be interesting to read.

As long as the parties pay the Arbitrator, I don't see anything in the CBA precluding them from reaching an agreement prior to him announcing his decision. Once he announces his decision, it is final and binding, and both parties must sign the SPC.

I'd be surprised if a deal was reached in the 48 hours that they are waiting for the arbitrator to give his decision, because everything I've ever read about the process is that it gets pretty nasty.

Teams and players can still try to negotiate a long term deal, but the terms of the '06-'07 season are set in stone after the arbitration decision.

The CBA can be found at the NHL and NHLPA websites.

Dave (or others)--any idea whether they still can negotiate?

Thanks for the faith. Yes they can still negotiate in that time frame and according to Darcy and Danny's agent they are. Once the decision is announced that is it, they go with that award.

Briere still talking long-term deal

News Staff and Wire Reports

7/21/2006 Daniel Briere decided the best thing to do after Thursday's arbitration hearing was pack up and start vacationing in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. His agent, meanwhile, is still trying to find common ground on a long-term deal between the Buffalo Sabres and their co-captain.

Briere said his hearing went "all right," and he's waiting for the arbitrator's decision on his salary for next season. The judge has until about noon Saturday to set Briere's contract, which surely will increase from the $1.9 million he made last year.

"We're just kind of waiting," Briere said by phone Thursday night. "And you never know, something longer might come, so we'll see. We're still talking."

The second of 10 hearings for Sabres players is set for Tuesday, when Ales Kotalik is due to present his case.

Link

Archived