Official Game Thread

kissass6

Big night tonight - the teams reaction and play in response to Wednesdays drubbing by the Sens will tell us if they were embarressed. Let's hope so and they do something about it. They need a solid game and divisional win tonight if they are going to do anything other than play golf next spring!

If Biron starts tonight, and plays decent, but not spectacular, who thinks Noronen should start Sat.? What would it take to have Noronen start? And if he did start, what would he need to do to play the bulk until Miller returns? Just throwing it out there to get opinions....

I've noticed that in the last 5 games our defense turns the puck over in our zone way way way too much. We may have some young offensive talent but our defense out right stinks. McKee turns it over way too much but at least he can block shots. Campbell is pretty good. Kotalik (sp?) has a cannon at least but the rest could be replaced.

Total garbage.

Back to reality.

Face it, now the meat of the schedule is here, and the Sabres will come up as small as the Bills do.

Average teams in this city, but hey, its ok, lets keep Darcy and Tom Donahue around.

Buffalo teams should have a new patch showing the letters:

AIA

Average Is Acceptable

I went to the game tonight. I thought Marty and Drury both played exceptional games.

Tallinder appeared to either be preoccupied by having just become a father or totally exhausted from having no sleep as he played what may very well have been his worst game ever as a Sabre. He took Smehlik's "clears the puck ... not out" to a whole new level. Hopefully he plays better tomorrow night or we are in trouble.

The team as a whole seemed to stop skating and definitely stopped forechecking after the review of whether Drury's shot went in or not. On the radio, the announcers were mentioning that Buffalo was outplayed the last 20 minutes. That is not true, they were outplayed the last 28 minutes. The team needs a much stronger effort tomorrow night.

I posted earlier that I hoped Mika would get the start on Saturday. After the way Marty played and the fact he still took the loss, I have changed my mind and would like to see Marty start again. Let Mika either start against the Canes or Leafs. As I mentioned, I thought Marty played very well tonight. The 1st and 3rd goals came off deflections and the 2nd goal came after Montreal held the puck in the Sabres zone for at least 1 minute (probably closer to 1-1/2 minutes).

Drury was a force on the ice tonight. If he had scored on the powerplay, he would have been the 1st star.

Fitzpatrick received 2nd star for his goal, but I did not feel he warranted being a game star. I've never understood why the game stars automatically go to the guys that put the puck in the net when there are other players that played much better. I guess it comes back to media guys being lazy or dumb, maybe there's another reason but at 1:30 AM I can't think of it.

Hello good old November/December slide, goodbye playoffs.

I'm afraid you're right. This game was a character test after the Sens game. Like it or not our Swordsmen have the character to show up and play a very good, entertaining 35-40 minutes before relaxing and losing.