Official Game Thread

kissass6

Drury was a force on the ice tonight. If he had scored on the powerplay, he would have been the 1st star.

Dave, I can't say I noticed Drury except for the moment when he rang the shot of the cross bar. Granted, I think he has been a huge underachiever since he became a Sabre, but I'll give credit where credit is due, and the way I saw it, Drury was just another average Joe last night.

I'm afraid you're right. This game was a character test after the Sens game. Like it or not our Swordsmen have the character to show up and play a very good, entertaining 35-40 minutes before relaxing and losing.

It's a sad day when I am the voice of reason :o

Come on guys and ladies. They lost to a solid team on a fluke goal. They were able to skate and hang with Habs. Alot of teams are going to lose to the Habs this year. All they need is one solid defensemen added and they willbe OK. It may take tradeing a player like Kotalik but Darcy needs to get it done.

Also,

Did anyone notice Steve Begin? What did Darcy get for him? Begin was the Player of the Day this week on NHL.com. He was wearing a Sabre uniform.

Begin 9 points and a +6

Drury? 6 points and a -5.

The Sabres only have one plus player on the roster. Kotalik

It's a sad day when I am the voice of reason :o

Come on guys and ladies. They lost to a solid team on a fluke goal. They were able to skate and hang with Habs. Alot of teams are going to lose to the Habs this year. All they need is one solid defensemen added and they willbe OK. It may take tradeing a player like Kotalik but Darcy needs to get it done.

Also,

Did anyone notice Steve Begin? What did Darcy get for him? Begin was the Player of the Day this week on NHL.com. He was wearing a Sabre uniform.

Begin 9 points and a +6

Drury? 6 points and a -5.

The Sabres only have one plus player on the roster. Kotalik

This team has no right to lose on fluke goals, when they don't secure the 2 certain points against teams like The Caps, simple as that. They're playing themselves out of a playoff spot, and I can help but blame Ruff.

It is his job to keep his team fired up, and as usual he fails miserably. This team is nowhere near good enough to take nights off, and if he can't get that message across, it's time he got replaced with someone who can.

But this is The Sabres, the franchise that fires noone, and where consequence is something out of a dictionary.

Further, I'd like to hear Darcy's excuse for missing the playoffs in this "New NHL". I mean, this is the exact NHL he's built his team for the past 4 years, and guess what Darcy? They're STILL as crap as ever.

October was a fluke, here come the REAL Buffalo Sabres.... :angry:

Dave,  I can't say I noticed Drury except for the moment when he rang the shot of the cross bar.  Granted, I think he has been a huge underachiever since he became a Sabre, but I'll give credit where credit is due, and the way I saw it, Drury was just another average Joe last night.

He drew the 1st penalty against the Habs in the 1st. Had a couple of real nice plays near the net in the 1st. Had several shots blocked. Good work on penalty kills. Hit a lot of Canadiens, unfortunately one of them on Kovalev was called boarding. Won most of his faceoffs, unfortunately did not win the one w/ 14 seconds left.

This team has no right to lose on fluke goals, when they don't secure the 2 certain points against teams like The Caps, simple as that. They're playing themselves out of a playoff spot, and I can help but blame Ruff.

It is his job to keep his team fired up, and as usual he fails miserably. This team is nowhere near good enough to take nights off, and if he can't get that message across, it's time he got replaced with someone who can.

But this is The Sabres, the franchise that fires noone, and where consequence is something out of a dictionary.

Further, I'd like to hear Darcy's excuse for missing the playoffs in this "New NHL". I mean, this is the exact NHL he's built his team for the past 4 years, and guess what Darcy? They're STILL as crap as ever.

October was a fluke, here come the REAL Buffalo Sabres....  :angry:

This team lost to a Canadiens team that is off to its best road start in club history (going back to the teens). They are 6-0-1 on the road. Buffalo is not the only team Montreal has come back against on the road this season.

They outworked Montreal during the 1st half of the game but were outworked during the 2nd half. Should Buffalo gone into a complete defensive shell in the 3rd? Absolutely not, but lets have a little perspective here.

I don't want to hear Darcy's excuse for missing the playoffs because I don't want them to miss the playoffs. I've said before that I believe this team will end up most likely in the 7th spot in the East. To this point, I have not seen anything to shake my belief in that. If the Sabres go on an extended losing streak, then I will agree that they may miss the playoffs. Right now the longest losing streak is 2 games and the team is above .500.

Right now the longest losing streak is 2 games and the team is above .500.

yep, but they need a strong effort tonight to prove to me that they havent lost their ability to win consistently, and to prove that, now that there is game tape on teams, they havent been figured out. Lindy must step up too with a good game plan that puts us in a position to win.

yep, but they need a strong effort tonight to prove to me that they havent lost their ability to win consistently, and to prove that, now that there is game tape on teams, they havent been figured out. Lindy must step up too with a good game plan that puts us in a position to win.

I can agree with that.