Wow! Some Big Money Being Tossed Around!

bob_sauve28

I have a feeling I'll be laughing at more contracts like these in the next few days. Hopefully the Sabres won't be involved.

Agreed! Detroit has what, 14 guys signed and are at 33million... doesn't leave much for the rest of the squad.

Muckler: "Wade I loved the way you cut Pomminstein off before he scored the series winner. Your effort was amazing on that play. How's $6.5 million for 2 years sound?

Redden: "Thanks for noticing how hard I tried on that final play Mucks. I was hoping for more $ but that seems fair, for now. I've got plenty more of those plays in me to come, so I'm sure I can cash in huge next time around."

I added up around $34 million committed by the Bruins to 11 players (counting the buyouts which I believe still go against the cap) - that leaves $10 million for 10-12 more players

What other teams are pushing the cap limit?

Yeah, it really sucks that the Sabres aren't paying $35 million on 6 players. <_<

Amen, brotha. Amen.

If teams are really going to try and follow the Sabres model of running a franchise (like I've read in some articles), they're already failing by breaking the bank on just a handful of players.

Lidstrom is at least worthy of a contract that size. Redden on the other hand is a very good defenseman, but he's not a "franchise" player like Lidstrom is

Lidstrom is worth 7.6, but Redden is not worth 6.5? Keep those drugs rolling. 65 games played, 50 points, top plus minus in the league at +35, the team looked lost without him and 10 points in 9 playoff games, All pro athletes are over paid - but relatively speaking Wade got what he is worth.

Lidstrom is worth 7.6, but Redden is not worth 6.5? Keep those drugs rolling. 65 games played, 50 points, top plus minus in the league at +35, the team looked lost without him and 10 points in 9 playoff games, All pro athletes are over paid - but relatively speaking Wade got what he is worth.

Lidstrom is a multiple winner of the Norris trophy, is a better offensive player and has won the Stanley Cup. Remind yourself how much Redden is worth when you watch this play that ended Ottawa's season...

http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24....WMV&sp=8469506

:lol: :lol:

PS IN case you'r memory is bad, that is Redden standing in front of the net day dreaming while Pominville scores the winning goal.

Lidstrom is a multiple winner of the Norris trophy, is a better offensive player and has won the Stanley Cup. Remind yourself how much Redden is worth when you watch this play that ended Ottawa's season...

http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24....WMV&sp=8469506

:lol: :lol:

And the season.....for the .....Ottawa Senators has....come....to....an....end

:D :D :D Thanks, that was awesome!

Which is why he recieved a contract worth 17% more than Redden. Remind yourself what Wade Redden was going through at that time in his life

http://www.thehockeyboard.com/index.php/?p=51

Wade Redden?s mom passes away

Ottawa Senators defenceman Wade Redden flew home to Lloydminster, Sask., on Sunday, hours before Game 2 against the Tampa Bay Lightning following his mother?s death.

Pat Redden, 57, lost her battle with cancer on Saturday night, the Senators said Sunday. Our condolences to the Redden family.

One game, or one play specifically does not make a player, nor does it mean hes not worth a certain contract - maybe its just jealousy that the team i cheer for is willing to hand out money to attempt to build a winner, while yours stands idol and lets its Ufa's walk.

One game, or one play specifically does not make a player, nor does it mean hes not worth a certain contract - maybe its just jealousy that the team i cheer for is willing to hand out money to attempt to build a winner, while yours stands idol and lets its Ufa's walk.

BUt, But, But

Thats the way you build a winning team in a salary capped league. If you over spend on a player/players you will only lose and not make the playoffs, but if your cheap and search the bargain bins for your starting lineup the stanley cup is yours. You'll see, in a couple years all these teams will be crying cause Buffalo will be winning the cup every year paying their team in Tim Hortons gift certificates

BUt, But, But

Thats the way you build a winning team in a salary capped league. If you over spend on a player/players you will only lose and not make the playoffs, but if your cheap and search the bargain bins for your starting lineup the stanley cup is yours. You'll see, in a couple years all these teams will be crying cause Buffalo will be winning the cup every year paying their team in Tim Hortons gift certificates

If you overspend on crappy players yes. (see tampa bay) Most teams in ALL SALARY CAPPED LEAGUES that win (see basketball and the Miami Heat) have one or two big name players with big contracts

Which is why he recieved a contract worth 17% more than Redden. Remind yourself what Wade Redden was going through at that time in his life

http://www.thehockeyboard.com/index.php/?p=51

Don't you have an Ottawa meesage board to whine on. <_< The Sabres schooled your so called team(looked like a bunch of individuals to me) in the playoffs. Let's see how you do next year without Chara and Hasek.

PS Don't you need to find a username since your hero is not going to be a Senator for too much longer?

If you overspend on crappy players yes. (see tampa bay) Most teams in ALL SALARY CAPPED LEAGUES that win (see basketball and the Miami Heat) have one or two big name players with big contracts

I know that, but everyone here says that its not the way to build a successful team because Buffalo had one good year last year and that is how Darcy worked last year, so that is the way a successful team is built and eveyone else is going to regret siging big names and big contracts

Don't you have an Ottawa meesage board to whine on. dry.gif The Sabres schooled your so called team(looked like a bunch of individuals to me) in the playoffs. Let's see how you do next year without Chara and Hasek.

PS Don't you need to find a username since your hero is not going to be a Senator for too much longer?

Whining and defending a point are two very different things, but thanks for the useless suggestion. I've already admitted and got over the defeat of The Sens by the Sabres, If you've read this board for any length of time during the playoffs you would know that. I agree they looked like a bunch of individuals, which is why they got rid of players such as Hasek, Chara and Pothier, try not to contradict your arguments too much.

Archived