Pyatt qualifed for $1,039,206

mayers21

God, I hope you're right. Whats in been now, 5 years?!?

I really hope he proves me wrong ala Connolly and Campbell did this season.

Pyatt is still 24. He can play in the NHL and it makes sense to sign him. Not to tender him an offer would have been a crime. He can play and he has trade value.

Mayhap, they are counting on him to help fill the departure of Mike Grier. He's younger. Not that much cheaper. But he's got size and if he can use it and play a consistent physical game, he could make up for that loss.

Not to hijack your thread with a Peters rant, but if Petey is worth 500k, Pyatt is definitely worth 1 mil. :P

Seriously, they need to qualify him even if they have notions of trading him. No qualifying offer would mean Pyatt is a free man.

Seeing that under the CBA they had to qualify him for that much, no.

I understand they had to qualify him for this much, but why qualify him if he's costing you this much. The budget is already restricted, why give him this kind of cash.

No one's gonna want to trade for him at this salary.

That $ might get you Jeff Jillson... ph34r.gif

Jillison could be had for the minimum, if he gets lucky.

Mayhap, they are counting on him to help fill the departure of Mike Grier. He's younger. Not that much cheaper. But he's got size and if he can use it and play a consistent physical game, he could make up for that loss.

Pyatt is no where near the leader that Grier is off the ice, never the less his effort is not nearly as consistent as Grier on the ice. I don't see Darcy taking a chance on Pyatt like that, considering he's shown few signs of being a Mike Grier.

Cut your ties with him, if he becomes a good player somewhere else oh well, but now were stuck with this contract. When were can't afford a good defensemen this summer, look no further than this contract for a reason why.

Archived