GAME THREAD

Corp000085

Ow, 2-0 'Canes now. They might be dancing in the streets of suburban Raleigh soon. I will have to turn the TV off before I see that Cup hoisted by a Cane.

B/T/W nice touch by Carolina fans to stand the whole game so far. Pretty cool move.

Davidson said it should have been a penalty shot, and then Stephen Walkom came on and said nope - play was dead, and the correct call was made. To be fair, none of the explanations anyone gave were overwhelmingly clear and comprehensive, but Walkom's take was that the play was dead as soon as Staios gloved the puck forward. So I guess at tthat point it didn't matter if he covered it with his body/glove, etc.

Got my anger out after the Whalercanes scored the EN goal. F'n divers, F'n whiners, F'n lucky bast***s that barely beat an Amerks defense in 7 F'n games.

Immediately turned off the TV. Will watch King of Queens now (I'm on the west coast).

Got my anger out after the Whalercanes scored the EN goal. F'n divers, F'n whiners, F'n lucky bast***s that barely beat an Amerks defense in 7 F'n games.

Immediately turned off the TV. Will watch King of Queens now (I'm on the west coast).

Hey give them credit they can beat teams with key injuries in 7 games like the best of them.

Truly the most underserving Stanley Cup winner ever....

My TV turned off as soon as the empty netter went in.

My wife is still watching, but I simply can't stomach it.

My hat's off to them. They were handed opportunity and took it. That doesn't make the wondering "what might have been" any easier.

Hey give them credit they can beat teams with key injuries in 7 games like the best of them.

Truly the most underserving Stanley Cup winner ever....

I wouldn't go that far. Sure they were handed a lot of breaks through key injuries to the other teams, but the Canes were still one of the best teams in the league this year.

Congrats to the Canes organization. #%^$#! their "fans".

If we're going to have a pity party, how about a moment of silence for the good fans of Hartford? Can you imagine losing the Sabres, then seeing the Portland Swords win the Cup?

those whaler fans were a hardcore group. I think i'd swear off sports if the portland sabres won the cup, or the LA bills win the super bowl.

Archived