Pisani is Pominville.

Eleven

When Staal dove in the corner after Peca's 1st rush up the ice, I thought Edmonton could do something. When Erica then didn't hustle to Stillman's rushed bad pass, it was a thing of beauty. Very nice shot by Pisani.

It simply wouldn't have been right for the Cup to be decided on another one of Recchi's patented "your stick touched me, I'm down and have been shot" plays. Yes, the D-man got his stick between Recchi's legs, but the stick was dropped before it even touched Recchi.

When Staal dove in the corner after Peca's 1st rush up the ice, I thought Edmonton could do something. When Erica then didn't hustle to Stillman's rushed bad pass, it was a thing of beauty. Very nice shot by Pisani.

It simply wouldn't have been right for the Cup to be decided on another one of Recchi's patented "your stick touched me, I'm down and have been shot" plays. Yes, the D-man got his stick between Recchi's legs, but the stick was dropped before it even touched Recchi.

With guys like Recchi and Staal on the roster, it's beyond me how Lavioshithead could ever bitch about Buffalo diving.

NO team takes more dives than The DivingCanes.

Oh and poor them, did they lose a defenseman and an overrated has-been? Gosh!!

Edmonton in 7!!

Nice to see a player finish a breakaway at crunch time...maybe Lindy can cue up that tape for Max.

Glad to see a Mark Recchi embellishment didn't decide the outcome...

Surprised to see Ward take a poke at one of the Oilers on his way to the bench - I thought he was more level-headed than that...

Hopefully the hockey gods are evening up the injury discrepancies- by my count, the Canes need to lose another 4 or 5 guys to get even...(Plus the hockey gods don't like injury fakers)

Nice to see Pecs score a big goal as well - I wouldn't mind seeing him get his name on the Cup - I was ticked off at the whole contract situation, etc., but I always liked him as player (I know some on this board aren't big fans of his, but...)

Archived