Did anyone else catch the empty seats?

SDS

I'm just pointing out what I saw and asked for verification from anyone else. The wife and I were watching and I found it ironic that they were talking about the sellout and then showed a large section of empty blue seats.

I could care less if they sell out or not, what I am more interested in is the apparent conflict of Emrick's report and what I saw on the screen right in front of me.

Hmm Blue seats empty??? All seats in RBC are red accept for the Luxury Box seats and the Pepsi open area with TV monitors so ya can wath Andy in Mayberry reruns or Nascar today. But it clearly wasnt a sellout like was stated by local press last friday given we could still get 4 ticks in a row in 300 section at 6PM. The canes management is screwing its fans again they took about 6K seats and reserved them for people to buy season pkg for next year by saying only 280$ SRO wwere available. On monday when they saw this ploy failed they started releasing the tickets but too late to get the "fan" base to go to the game.

We don't have blue seats.

thanks, I was going to try and look for a picture of your arena to see if the upper deck was blue. I would have sworn that I saw red jerseys on those fans in that shot though.... that is why I thought it was your rink.

Pa - do you wanta go in for Hurricane season tickets next year? I'm sure the champs will have plenty of good seats available...

Every time I see your name on this board, you're whining about the tickets situation in Carolina. Obsession is not healthy.

We lost... lets move on . Theres nothing we can do about the apathy relating to the Hurricanes in their home market.

OK, Brind'Amour is ugly. OH yeah, they win despite injuries too. Who's next? Pronger?

Seriously, lets get over it.

We lost... lets move on . Theres nothing we can do about the apathy relating to the Hurricanes in their home market.

OK, Brind'Amour is ugly. OH yeah, they win despite injuries too. Who's next? Pronger?

Seriously, lets get over it.

I know we lost. I came to terms with that inevitability after game four. However, like I said earlier I live here near Raleigh and I have had issues with the "fans" here long before Buffalo and Carolina met in the playoffs.

My bad, it was at 1 o'clock today:

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description

314 H Regular priced admission US $100.00 US $11.10

PRICE LEVEL 9

UPPER LEVEL SEATING

GOAL ZONE

I heard on the radio yesterday that the NHL held a large number of tickets and they were release for sale to the general public yesterday morning.

I know we lost. I came to terms with that inevitability after game four. However, like I said earlier I live here near Raleigh and I have had issues with the "fans" here long before Buffalo and Carolina met in the playoffs.

RT

Trust me brother - I feel your anger.

It is like EVERYTHING else now... PR sells and it pays to have it in your pocket.

When the sky is gray... Keep telling the people it is blue... EVENTUALLY they will start to believe it is BLUE!

Just keep the message coming... Hockey seems to be jumping on this game.

Eventually the truth gets out though and an equillibrium is reached.

You see it happening now in other avenues of society... ;) ;)

Today's topic for discussion on Raleigh's talk radio 680 AM:

Are you a Caniac? What is the state of hockey in the triangle?

If you even need to ask those questions while your team is playing for the Stanley Cup I think it's fairly safe to say that you're not in a hockey market.

And yes, I know the Sabres lost and I'm over it.

Here's the deal. Carolina may not have as big or as passionate a fan base as the Sabre's. This is largely due to the fact they haven't been here (I live in Charlotte) that long. All that is irrelevant when you consider that they've got a hell of a hockey team that beat the Sabre's. I would have loved to see what would have happened if we had been full strength but we weren't... and we lost. Trying to rip them for not having a huge hockey following will not change that fact.

Again. I know we lost, thats not my point. The Canes are better than the Sabres, ok? The Canes and their phony fans have irked me since I moved down here four years ago. So remove the recent series from the equation, that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say. They have been here 9 years, that's plenty long enough to find out if your fan base is going to stick by you.

Here's the deal. Carolina may not have as big or as passionate a fan base as the Sabre's. This is largely due to the fact they haven't been here (I live in Charlotte) that long. All that is irrelevant when you consider that they've got a hell of a hockey team that beat the Sabre's. I would have loved to see what would have happened if we had been full strength but we weren't... and we lost. Trying to rip them for not having a huge hockey following will not change that fact.

Let's drop the myth that Carolina hasn't been in the NHL that long. It's been almost 10 years since they moved from Hartford. That's puts them in line with the Sabres circa 1979, who had an incredibly passionate fan base. Not to mention that Carolina has been the the finals twice in that time, while the Sabres went once in their first 10 years.

No doubt the Canes are a great team. That just makes the question of their fan support even more interesting, and worth discussing. Even after their last Cup appearance, the team couldn't break the bottom ten in attendance. This is a stark contrast to Colorado, whose fan base responded very positively to their success.

Markets like Carolina, Nashville, and Florida really disprove the adage that a winning team will draw fans in these non-traditional markets. Meanwhile, Minnesota continually draws top-ten crowds.

The NHL is going to continue to attempt to grow these markets in the near future. However, Pittsburgh might move if the city doesn't build the new team a new arena.

If the Pens are moved to a small and more traditional market and outdraws these southern teams, those owners might start looking for a better deal. Especially if the national TV money conmtinues to dwindle, and the teams have to rely on local revenues.

Let's drop the myth that Carolina hasn't been in the NHL that long. It's been almost 10 years since they moved from Hartford. That's puts them in line with the Sabres circa 1979, who had an incredibly passionate fan base. Not to mention that Carolina has been the the finals twice in that time, while the Sabres went once in their first 10 years.

No doubt the Canes are a great team. That just makes the question of their fan support even more interesting, and worth discussing. Even after their last Cup appearance, the team couldn't break the bottom ten in attendance. This is a stark contrast to Colorado, whose fan base responded very positively to their success.

Markets like Carolina, Nashville, and Florida really disprove the adage that a winning team will draw fans in these non-traditional markets. Meanwhile, Minnesota continually draws top-ten crowds.

The NHL is going to continue to attempt to grow these markets in the near future. However, Pittsburgh might move if the city doesn't build the new team a new arena.

If the Pens are moved to a small and more traditional market and outdraws these southern teams, those owners might start looking for a better deal. Especially if the national TV money conmtinues to dwindle, and the teams have to rely on local revenues.

I think people believe that Carolina is making money. Karmonos their owner has been crying for a while now about how he's loosing money, hard to believe with all those empty seats. Watch a major house cleaning after this year cup or no cup they will trim the salary base.

Archived