Two Words

lewport71

Been living and breathing it for 30 years pal...I understand...sour grapes.

Then you know what Ruff was doing, right? It was pretty obvious. Yet a seasoned fan gets his panties in a bunch over it?

And 30 years a fan? Who'd you team swap the Canes for? Most 'living and breathing' fans I know don't team swap.

Edmonton will sweep. The Whalercanes could barely beat a team that had lost 2/3 of its D. Now you'll play a healthy team and will only have 2 home games. I doubt you'll be able to seel them out either. Probably still have 8 tickets together for sale. The Oilers will hoist the cup at home!

Did anybody catch the pathetic spin on OLN? Saying that the people at the bar down the road in Raleigh were enjoying themselves... That they couldn't get in because you couldn't get a ticket.

I almost puked with that lie. Funny because people will actually believe that you couldn't get a ticket...

I don't know why the fug they protect this market in the media and the league?

It is worse than welfare.

It just makes me sick that the hardworking people of WNY have to endure this crap... While they shell out their hard earned dough in 12 minutes to see their team and then the media hypes and protects their "chic" markets...

Whatever happened to the truth?

Been living and breathing it for 30 years pal...I understand...sour grapes.

Which team, the Whalers? Probably back to the NE Whalers of the WHL?

Damn right I got sour grapes... I have enough heartache during my 38 years of existence... I think I am due some sour grapes...

Thanks to the Sabres for a great series. What a gutsy effort tonight! McKee was a tough loss but with a healthy Sabres team this series would still come down to a game 7 where either team could win. The teams were that close when it comes to talent and heart. 2 great teams who put on a classic show! As a Canes fan I am pumped but I feel for you fans and the players. As for Lindy Ruff, I couldn't be happier, he really came off as a classless loser in this series. I understand you will all be cheering on Edmonton, as I would have been after Lindy tried to drag this team through the mud. Until yesterday I was prepared to cheer the Sabres on had they won. Anyway take care all.

Lindy did a great job of deflecting the attention away from Jay McKee and the Amerks that had to replace him and our other 3 missing D-men.

He also did a great job of deflecting criticism from several of our missing forwards.

So go blank yourself if you can't understand what he was doing when he said what he said.

And I am rooting for Edmonton, but it isn't because of anything Lindy said or didn't say. It's because they have 100,000+ HOCKEY fans that are desperate for a championship and you have 100 (give or take 20). Also, your coach is an idiot. Had your team not won 2 series due to injuries, he'd have been exposed for the fraud he is.

Go join the Caniac Chick, whereever the hell she's posting now is where you are welcome. But where ever it is, it sure ain't here.

Thanks to the Sabres for a great series. What a gutsy effort tonight! McKee was a tough loss but with a healthy Sabres team this series would still come down to a game 7 where either team could win. The teams were that close when it comes to talent and heart. 2 great teams who put on a classic show! As a Canes fan I am pumped but I feel for you fans and the players. As for Lindy Ruff, I couldn't be happier, he really came off as a classless loser in this series. I understand you will all be cheering on Edmonton, as I would have been after Lindy tried to drag this team through the mud. Until yesterday I was prepared to cheer the Sabres on had they won. Anyway take care all.

Coming here to gloat is decidely poor, but then again, I expected nothing less of you.

Have fun against a healthy team, as long as it took you to knock us off I can't expect it'll take long for The Oilers to finish off your team of crybabies.

Oh, and do make sure the Edmonton fans get a bit of that Southern hospitality that our fans were so fortunate to experience, you know you'll be seeing lots and lots of them when you can't sell out your building.

Now scoot Bubba, go clean the shotgun rack, or grab a sixpack and watch the bugzapper all night.

two words

Next year

I won't watch or follow nother NHL game until the Sabres lace them up next season. Once Buffalo teams are eliminated from any sport I cease to watch.

The Oilers don't stand a chance against the East IMO.

Jaddy,

Your sentiment changes like the weather - is it the lake effect?

Now the Cup's home is Edmonton and not Buffalo?

If you say so.

In the meantime I look forward to watching and rooting for my team to bring the grail to the great state of NC.

The Goat

Don't feed the troll.

Hmm...

your first favorite team is Buffalo.

The Canes were your second favorite, but they're not now because you'll be rooting for Edmonton.

I am sure Oiler fans everywhere rejoice in having such a loyal contituent onboard their bandwagon.

The Goat

Dude, 90% of your fan base includes fans that meet the above description. Get a clue.

I gotta say this about the Hurricanes...

Last night when the third period was about to start, I could hear Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" playing in the arena. And I started to get a bad feeling about how the third period was going to go. You see, the leadership on the 'Canes are to hockey what Journey was to rock. A group of guys who early in their careers were solid, but then turned into a bunch of whiny old softies. In all seriousness, they are the personification of late-era Journey on ice -- Steve Perry the whiny balladeer frontman (Laviolette), Jonathan Cain the pouty keyboard player (Weight), and Neal Schon the guitar dude with godawful hair (Commodore). Added to that -- the 'Canes fans are no different than what you would see at a Journey concert today.

So I don't doubt for a minute that the song was noticed, struck a chord with the 'Canes and their fans, and was that extra little motivator.

This analogy also explains why I won't be rooting for the 'Canes in the finals, whereas I almost always root for the team that beats my team (heck, I even pulled for Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl -- look at my screenname). I just hated bands like Journey who rocked early in their careers and then sold out in the late '80s. That's how I view this year's 'Canes team, the way they acted during the series, and the way they handled winning the series.

Good luck to the Oilers -- gritty players with heart (Western Conference's version of the Sabres), diehard fans, and a real hockey town!

I gotta say this about the Hurricanes...

Last night when the third period was about to start, I could hear Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" playing in the arena. And I started to get a bad feeling about how the third period was going to go. You see, the leadership on the 'Canes are to hockey what Journey was to rock. A group of guys who early in their careers were solid, but then turned into a bunch of whiny old softies. In all seriousness, they are the personification of late-era Journey on ice -- Steve Perry the whiny balladeer frontman (Laviolette), Jonathan Cain the pouty keyboard player (Weight), and Neal Schon the guitar dude with godawful hair (Commodore). Added to that -- the 'Canes fans are no different than what you would see at a Journey concert today.

Journey. Yeah that works.

And I was thinking they were like Styx - but I couldn't figure out who was Dennis DeYoung.

Being down here I always rooted for Carolina second. But I can't seem to pull for them now. I'm the biggeest Oiler fan now. I hope they sweep them. They don't deserve a cup. At least not now.

i totally echo that. i was always willing to pull for the canes as long as they weren't playing the sabres, but eff that. my theory was always so hockey would "succeed in north carolina" (basically so i could see the sabres twice a year in my own backyard).

but i moved to tampa over the weekend, so let's go oilers (and now the lightning too i guess ;) )

Archived