I was almost in tears....

Rico7

How can a vet like him blame his penalty on Pominville? "I could have broken my kneck trying to avoid that. He's been doing that 5 or 6 times this series". Huh? The call was obvious. As tick tack as Dumont's penalty was in game 5, he didn't need to go there.

The only thing missing were his tears. I actually thought he was going to cry.

I'm sure Pommy wants to get smoked from behind and risk paralysis, just for a two min pp? Please.

Doug Weight is without a doubt one of the biggest phonies in all of hockey. Not only is he highly overrated, he is cheap with his stick and hits like that. Ask Sedin of Vancouver what Weight's stick tastes like and many others around the league.

That penalty was nowhere near as marginal as Dumont's the other night. Posturing for the refs now, should not make a difference.

I hated him more than any other player before this series, this just solidifies it for me.

Yea, and I've never understood why? What has he won? What? Tell me. Please enlighten me as to what the guy has ever won so far?

He may very well get his wish, but he's not the reason his team will win, if in fact they pull of the upset on Thursday night.

He's like Cujo. Good, but what have you won???

wow what a dumb #%^$#!er he is. look what he said:

"I should know that that kid does that. I don't even know his first name for God's sakes."

talk about famous last words...thank god that got into the paper.

Yea, and I've never understood why? What has he won? What? Tell me. Please enlighten me as to what the guy has ever won so far?

He may very well get his wish, but he's not the reason his team will win, if in fact they pull of the upset on Thursday night.

He's like Cujo. Good, but what have you won???

He spent his whole career in EDM -- starting after their last Cup Final appearance. This would be his first trip to the Finals.

He spent his whole career in EDM -- starting after their last Cup Final appearance. This would be his first trip to the Finals.

In fact he started with the Rangers... and was traded to the Oilers in 1993, the year BEFORE the Rangers won the Cup. :D

He has played in 86 playoff games during a 15-year career... and has 21 goals, an average of 20 goals per 82-game season... mirroring his regular-season average. He has no rings.

Brind'Amour averages 28 goals per 82-game season in the playoffs, again mirroring his regular-season average. He has no rings.

Recchi averages 29 goals per 82-game season in the playoffs, three FEWER than his regular season average. He has no rings.

By contrast, Drury has played in 97 playoff games in his eight-year career... and has 35 goals, an average of 30 goals per 82-game season... SIX MORE than his regular-season average. He has one ring... so far.

Weight is just one of many Canes who historically come up small when the games are big.

Out.

After the Sabres win game 7, and are in the handshake portion of the evening. Pommy should stop at Weight and politely say, "And by the way, the name's Jason."

Thats too damn funny....

Kinda like in "Remember the Titans" when Coach Boone gives the racist coach a banana during the post game handshake.

The call was obvious.

I'm gonna have to go with the Canes fans on this one, I've watched it from like three different angles and it was a pretty brutal call.

Also... I dont think your expected to know all the players in the league's first names. Especially not like an hour after you lose a game ot them, your just gonna be pissed and spouting off.

I'm gonna have to go with the Canes fans on this one, I've watched it from like three different angles and it was a pretty brutal call.

Also... I dont think your expected to know all the players in the league's first names. Especially not like an hour after you lose a game ot them, your just gonna be pissed and spouting off.

brutal is a strong word - Weight summed it up best when he said he should not have put himself in that position. just like JP should not have - for that one nansecond - lifted his stick off the ice in OT the other night, Weight never should have even approached Pominville from behind. I think that Pominville definitely put a little something in to it, but then again when you are hit from behind it is not that easy to control yourself.

I am not going to feel bad for the call though, b/c as a I said the call on JP was extremely weak the other night, as was the phantom high stick on brinda'mour and phantom trip on Staal.

Agreed...case in point...earlier in this series I, for one was asking myself Andrew (WHO??!) scored on Miller?!?! WTF?! L-A-D-D ?? 'what crap is that, he shouldn't have been of any importance in the outcome of the game.'

Another point is...that is the beauty of NHL play-offs ANY given person on the bench could change the out-come of the game and i wouldn't have it ne other way even if sometimes i'm left asking myself 'WHO?!' i also realized that many times this season many opposing fans were asking that of the Sabres...well now they know...and here's hoping Rory ripps the game winner tomorrow night (even though i have no preference as long as its a player in White) Let's GO Sabres!!!!!

A couple of things about Weight's postgame comments.

1. I watched the interview on TSN.ca that the comments were taken from (you can find it in the A/V section). Gino Reda was asking him the questions. Gino kept asking him about the play and wouldn't let it go. Doug tried to move on but Gino kept poking him and getting more stupid quotes out of him.

Gino:

"We've been playing with those new rules all year, but there's no gettin' used to that kind of call"

Doug:

"No. It sucks...(followed by some of the quotes)"

Gino:

"At some point though, the league is gonna have to start adjusting and doing something about that, the dives"

Doug:

More quotes. To his credit he says that it was tough call for McCreary to make.

2. Doug has been around long enough to know better. Don't allow yourself to get pulled in.

As far as the call, it was a judgement call, and definitely not why the Canes lost the game. The no-call on Williams was much worse and had more of an impact on the outcome. All in all still a great game and a great series. Canes will play a full 60 and win on Thursday!!

I disagree with you on the hit, but to each his own.

On Weight's crack about Pominville's first name, it's pretty obvious he was making the case that Pominville is a rookie-nobody.

And while Pominville is a rookie, he's hardly a nobody, isn't that right Ottawa fans? He also had 4 goals in the Philly series, and a huge first game against Carolina. In contrast, Weight has scored once in the playoffs.

If Weight really doesn't know Pomer's first name, he hasn't been paying attention. I doubt that's the case. Weight was just being an a-hole.

I disagree with you on the hit, but to each his own.

On Weight's crack about Pominville's first name, it's pretty obvious he was making the case that Pominville is a rookie-nobody.

And while Pominville is a rookie, he's hardly a nobody, isn't that right Ottawa fans? He also had 4 goals in the Philly series, and a huge first game against Carolina. In contrast, Weight has scored once in the playoffs.

If Weight really doesn't know Pomer's first name, he hasn't been paying attention. I doubt that's the case. Weight was just being an a-hole.

As long as we are on Pomminstein? How about Lindy's move to put him on

Briere and JP's line? It seemed to pay off. Pomminstein drew 4 calls.

As long as we are on Pomminstein? How about Lindy's move to put him on

Briere and JP's line? It seemed to pay off. Pomminstein drew 4 calls.

That was huge. That line skated circles around the Canes in the 1st period. Lindy has to keep giving this guy ice time, because he responds in a big way.

Archived