Like some cheese with that whine

BRH

From ESPN:

Several Carolina forwards weren't thrilled with the condition of the ice at the HSBC Arena. They thought the ice was faster at their home rink in Raleigh.

I wonder why it only slowed the Canes down then? Briere and Grier and Max and Roy didn't seem to have any problems with the "slow" ice.

Faster yes, I'm sure it would feel that way when the pucks spends 45% of the time in the air.

That puck was bouncing around like crazy in the first two games, and The Canes were getting all of them.

Forget about passes back to the point on the PP - "bounce bounce, over the stick and out you go...."

So yeah, I'm sure real ice must feel slow to them.

Briere's first goal was the result of a five-man passing play. You don't see something like that on bad ice. And Grier and Roy didn't seem to be suffering from slow ice on their break-aways.

They're whiners, just like their fans. Next thing you now they'll be complaining that the Sabres were drunk and disorderly during the game. :lol:

The ice did look like crap.

You would think, though, that two teams that are "mirror images" of each other and have to play on the same surface would be equally affected.

Or maybe the Sabres figured out how to keep one end of the ice hard and the other end soft, and then flip the conditions between periods. Yeah. That's it. B-)

The Ice was slow?

Sorry Carolina, we couldn't get a guy in a winnebago to live behind our arena and dedicate their entire life to taking care of the ice at HSBC

"Mornin'! Sh#$ers full."

I had no negative feelings towards the Canes prior to this series, but now I'd lump them my highly despised column along with Phoenix (for moving the Jets to the desert), Sharks (for using teal as their primary color) and Anaheim (for all the crappy Disney marketing that went along with picking The Ducks as their team name).

My wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire column is reserved for the Leafs and Flyers.

My hate column: Stars, Red Wings, Habs, Penguins, Rangers, Devils

My dislike, but respect them column includes the Bruins and Avs.

My somewhat like them, unless we're playing them column: Oilers, Flames, Canucks

My could care less column: Thrashers, Panthers, Lightning, Kings, Predators, Blue Jackets, Black Hawks, Capitals, Wild, Blues

My sympathy column: Sens, Islanders

Yes, I have a lot of columns but plan to hire a consultant in the offseason to hopfully consolidate down to three.

It is common for team's to take advantage of "home ice", but I'd find it hard to believe that the Sabres would "slush it up" to slow down the Canes.

No. I think it is more of an HSBC thing. They always seem to have crappy ice.

It is too bad because the place isn't that old.

No. I think it is more of an HSBC thing. They always seem to have crappy ice.

It is too bad because the place isn't that old.

This could be because the arena is used for so much more then just hockey games. (although what arena in the league is multi-use and I'm not sure of any event besides hockey that has gone on in the past week) Arenas that are dedicated to just hockey tend to have the best ice.

So i got to thinking....there is no such thing as slow ice... just slow skaters(AKA the canes)

Yeah the ice might be chippy or 'wattery', but check the composition of ice and you'll make a discovery as to why the ice maybe a bit too on the h2o side...live w/ it, the better team will b able to block that aspect out, and heck i hope the canes keep thinking slow ice..good for them if they worry about that the sabres will be able to focus on skating around their and cashing in their scoring chances (see: Game 3 Goal 3) Go Sabres!!

the main area I noticed the bad ice last night was when the puck was sent along the boards -- especially (from the TV angle) far, left corner. When it would pass over that area it would start to bounce around, but other than that ... slow? ... maybe just their players and media ...

Sabres were bitching about the ice in Carolina too. It happens when it gets warmer out I guess. Since it's still below freezing in Edmonton, they prob have the best ice....

Whoops. Check the weather. It's usually warmer out here in western canada in the summer than it is out there. The other day I think Regina was the hot-spot, or close to it, in the US and Canada. It was 20c at night time. Sorry, I don't know the farenheit equivalent.

Sabres were bitching about the ice in Carolina too. It happens when it gets warmer out I guess. Since it's still below freezing in Edmonton, they prob have the best ice....

Actually, Edmonton/Calgary area has been the hot spot right now for Canada and it has been in the 80+ temperature area which is warm for this time of year.

Whoops. Check the weather. It's usually warmer out here in western canada in the summer than it is out there. The other day I think Regina was the hot-spot, or close to it, in the US and Canada. It was 20c at night time. Sorry, I don't know the farenheit equivalent.

Sorry, that was kinda supposed to be a joke. But the "ice guy" the NHL has is based out of Edmonton so that ice prob is pretty good. I know he was working in Anaheim, but haven't heard about him being in Buffalo or Raleigh.

Have a nice day and watch out for the polar bears!!

Actually, I just saw a profile on the Carolina ice-guy on CBC. He's trailer trash, literally. He came with the team from Hartford and set up shop in their parking lot in his trailer home. he was proudly showing off the microwave, tv, washer/dryer in his trailer while shamelessly wearing his pajama bottoms, light coat and ball cap.

He said he takes great pride in his work and that it's such a bonus to be able to take a nap in the comfort of his own parking-lot-home. The interview went on to point out how his wife had left him, not interested in living in the Hurricanes parking lot.

Actually, I just saw a profile on the Carolina ice-guy on CBC. He's trailer trash, literally. He came with the team from Hartford and set up shop in their parking lot in his trailer home. he was proudly showing off the microwave, tv, washer/dryer in his trailer while shamelessly wearing his pajama bottoms, light coat and ball cap.

He said he takes great pride in his work and that it's such a bonus to be able to take a nap in the comfort of his own parking-lot-home. The interview went on to point out how his wife had left him, not interested in living in the Hurricanes parking lot.

He also drives a John Deere Zamboni (atleast its painted to look like a John Deere)

That was what I was refering to in a previous post about the ice in Carolina, I saw that profile too on CBC

He also drives a John Deere Zamboni (atleast its painted to look like a John Deere)

That was what I was refering to in a previous post about the ice in Carolina, I saw that profile too on CBC

its an Olympia, but who's counting.. there was an article about him in the raleigh papers... can't remember if i read it through a link here or on the fayetteville news website. that guy is white trash to the max.

The Ice was slow?

Man, I would love to see Max on some normal to fast ice, if being able to see him is even possible, LOL

Sorry Carolina, we couldn't get a guy in a winnebago to live behind our arena and dedicate their entire life to taking care of the ice at HSBC

Game, set, match! :D

How could any women leave all that? ;)

Archived