Magnitude of tonight's game

wjag

I truly believe this is a MUST win for the Sabres tonight. Beyond the obvious need to win them all, after the whipping we took in Carolina, the Sabres need to come out and take momentum back.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!! HIT SOMEBODY!!! HIT ANYBODY!!!! KNOCK 'EM OF THEIR SKATES!!! SHOW THEM THAT WE CAN GIVE AS WELL AS WE CAN GET!!!

Getting 30 on gerber is putting on one hell of an effort, considering ward would have been pulled after 1 with the score 5-0 sabres... I mean, that's at least a 50-60 shot output tonight. What an effort!!!!

as for DCsabres assessment, i agree. The winner of this game wins the series.

Getting 30 on gerber is putting on one hell of an effort, considering ward would have been pulled after 1 with the score 5-0 sabres... I mean, that's at least a 50-60 shot output tonight. What an effort!!!!

as for DCsabres assessment, i agree. The winner of this game wins the series.

please be us cant stand listening to raleigh media

The winner of this game is the probable winner of this series. That's how I feel.

LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!

Odd numbered games are always the most crucial in a seven game series...

Our crowd has to be louder and more raucous than Edmonton...they have to make Rexall Centre sound like a library. In the Stanley Cup playoffs, the crowd sets the tone.

I don't think the winner of tonight's game necessarily wins the series. I think Carolina has momentum after Game 2. They take Game 3, that won't be good for the home town heros. Buffalo is in a world of hurt. Buffalo takes Game 3 and we are back to square, even being one up. Carolina can come back and take Game four and off we go.. Next game on their ice. I guess my argument is that the whipping was so bad, that Buffalo needs to reassert their manhood or it's over. We can't let Game 2 be the series defining game. Lose tonight and it will be. Win tonight and it won't.

Odd numbered games are always the most crucial in a seven game series...

A win for Buffalo in tonight's game is certainly important, but I have to disagree with your argument.

Although any elimination game is obviously important, I think the even numbered games are generally far more critical. I think Game 4 of a best of seven series is usually the most important one (other than an elimination game) because it shapes the kind of series you're going to have. The series is almost always 2-1 going into Game 4, and there is a monumental difference between being tied 2-2 or down 3-1 going into Game 5.

I think the even numbered games (2 and 4) are usually more important than games 1 and 3 because a team has a chance to take a 2-game lead in the series. In other words, as important as it was for Buffalo to start the series with a win, it was even bigger for Carolina to even the series rather than go down 2-0.

Having said that, I hope Buffalo wins tonight AND Friday so I can watch them win the series in person at Sunday night's game in Raleigh!

Many people are big believers that game 3 is the biggest game in a series.

I've heard both Laviolette and Carlyle in the past two days say game 4 is the biggest.

The fact is that I think this series defies that kind of conventional pigeon-holing. This is going to be a roller coaster and I would be surprised if this thing didn't go the full seven games.

Both teams have shown two things that lead me to believe this:

1) The ability to shift momentum their way on a dime.

2) An ability to play from behind and close a lead.

Carry on.

The Goat

Archived