Levi called up

Brawndo

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Another way to look at this:  because of UPL's stellar play and him taking the crease, Comrie has been sitting on the bench for a long time and has seen very little game action.  He's not mentally sharp and ready to jump in during meaningful games.  Levi, on the other hand, has been playing a ton in Rochester and is playing well.  He's in better "game shape" than Comrie right now, physically and mentally.

I'm certainly not going to argue that Comrie is a great goalie or is more talented than Levi - he's not - but the way the rotation has developed, he's just not playing, so he's ice cold, and it's too risky to insert him into an extremely important game.  He might be more "NHL-ready"  than Levi if he were playing on a regular basis, but he's not.

Levi played pretty well last night.  I don't think the first goal would have been scored if UPL was in net - he's just a bigger, stronger guy, so his leg would not be so easily be pushed into the net.  That said, Levi got the team into the final minutes having only given up 2 goals to one of the top teams in the league, so he did his job.  Unfortunately, with only 17 shots on goal (or whatever it was), the Sabres offense did not do theirs.

Us ticket buying fans paid Comrie $3.6mill over the last 2 years. He and his 1-7 record can rot on the bench and in the press box for all I care.

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Us ticket buying fans paid Comrie $3.6mill over the last 2 years. He and his 1-7 record can rot on the bench and in the press box for all I care.

But he's a reall really really nice guy who everyone likes.

• Haha (+1) 1

Levi did good. He's still very raw, still scramb-ly and his rebound control is unrefined. 

You can see the quickness he posses, his glove hand is quick. 

That first goal was poor, his scrambling nature pulled his leg away from the post. He's gonna have to clean those things up if he's going to progress to the next level. 

That being said, if Comrie is in net, we lose 6-1

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

But he's a reall really really nice guy who everyone likes.

If I'm an NHL coach, first thing I'm doing is making it crystal clear that you're getting paid millions of dollars per year to play a game. It's a great privilege to be here, and if you aren't cutting it you'll be sitting whether you're 18 or 36.

No guaranteed spots no matter how good you are in the dressing room.

3 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

If I'm an NHL coach, first thing I'm doing is making it crystal clear that you're getting paid millions of dollars per year to play a game. It's a great privilege to be here, and if you aren't cutting it you'll be sitting whether you're 18 or 36.

I think you take things said in press conferences too literally.

3 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I don't think you understand how nice he is, smh. 

• Haha (+1) 1