Nick Cousins fined for embellishment

Sidc3000

So the known diver, Nick Cousins, was fined by the NHL for the dive he took during the Sabres game. He was warned in November for an embellishment.

Panthers Cousins fined

What is infuriating is that refs never call embellishment anymore. That was the most blanent one I have ever seen. He dropped to the ice like he was shot in the head and then immediately got up to get into the scrum. If the stupid refs did their damn jobs, it would have been 2:00 a side, 4 on 4 and DG wouldn’t have flipped the ***** out. Then they may not have scored the game winner. 

• Like (+1) 4

I saw the news on this today, so I went back and watched the video.  Seconds after dropping to the ice as if he'd been hit in the jaw by a young Mike Tyson and curling up into the fetal position, he got up, skated into the fray and jumped on someone's back, putting them in a headlock from behind (I think it was Okoposo).  Clearly he was not injured.

The most obvious dive I've seen in an NHL game in a LONG time. Incredibly ratty. Was really stunned by the overt embellishment at the time. Obviously the Sabres were incensed enough over it and the refs' blindness to it that they came undone and lost a close one because of it. No place for it.

Make a mockery of the sport when it works. Makes a mockery of the player when it doesn't. 

14 hours ago, inkman said:

This doesn’t make me feel better.   Refs have to catch this ***** real time.  Sabres were penalized extra for it. 

Exactly! As soon as he got up and jumped in the scrum he should have give 2. That’s probably why DG went off.