ESPN Frozen Frenzy

SabresBaltimore

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Thread sidebar, I only went there once, because they serve that Johnny Ryan soda crap.  I wonder if they are still cheaping out, or carry Coke or Pepsi products now?

Love Pizza PLant.  Go there almost every time before a game.  Great beer selection and love PODs.  Johnny Ryan uses pure cane sugar versus HFCS... I don't drink any of the stuff any more but I avoid HFCS at all opportunities.

20 hours ago, SwampD said:

Interesting. Are they any good?

I love Johnny Ryan.

See above!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Love Pizza PLant.  Go there almost every time before a game.  Great beer selection and love PODs.  Johnny Ryan uses pure cane sugar versus HFCS... I don't drink any of the stuff any more but I avoid HFCS at all opportunities.

See above!

Does that mean it is Kosher?

I don't drink soda (sorry, pop) all that much, but in the tri-stat area (probably elswhere, too), around the Jewish high holy days, the Coke with yellow caps is cane sugar, because HFCS isn't Kosher. I always buy that if I can find it. It absolutely tastes better.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Stating the obvious, but their diet soda’s obviously don’t use pure cane sugar. 

• 3 weeks later...

I only turned it on for a few minutes during the Sabres first intermission. I didn't really get a good feel for it. I'll be curious to see if it generated any buzz for the league or not.

Did it appeal to casual fans? I'd assume any non-casual fans were mostly just watching their own teams play. I only watch Redzone when the Bills aren't playing, but I really enjoy it, even if it's just in the background while I'm making dinner during the late games.

They aren't going to typically have all 32 teams going at once, but there have to be nights (Tuesdays or Saturdays) where enough games are happening at the same time to make the format work. Since it's not a premium thing, it's a bit different with the commercials though. It looked like they were doing something similar to redzone with just having ads built into the video.

Did anyone else besides Swamp check it out? I assume most of us just watched the Sabres instead.

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

I couldn’t watch it for too long though. Kinda made me crazy after a while.

Sorta like eating one Peanutbutter cup is great, but eating the entire Halloween bowl of them ain’t so good.

Whoooooa. The whole bowl is great.  Perhaps not 20 minutes later.. but at the time?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.