Trusted Nursing Staffing named Sabres Helmet Sponsors

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Trusted Nursing Staffing named Sabres Helmet Sponsors

Initially this seemed kinda low-rent, and something that'd happen in Buffalo vs. the more glamorous cities. I found this from last year and it's a mixed bag. Some much bigger names in there, as well as others that are in the same neighborhood. Several medical-related sponsors, wonder if that's targeted to hockey fans being older or more likely to get hurt, lol.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/broadcast-ott/media-rights/nhl-2022-23-season-guide-teams-sponsors-tv-rights-social-media/?zephr_sso_ott=mEqPlL

A neat bit of PR. 

Good for the Sabres to associate the helmet sponsor with the word/field "nursing." Because who doesn't love and respect nurses? Total frontline warriors.

OTOH, the sponsor here is a staffing agency that provides nurses to entities in need of them. Staffing agencies like this have many nonprofits over a barrel when it comes to getting the nurses that are needed -- a lucrative industry, I infer, since the rates these agencies charge can be budget-busters.

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

@That Aud Smellany advice on how to get tweets to embed?

When I go to that post on X (Twitter) and use X's internal tools to "copy the link"

image.thumb.png.6cda865ebccac46deaa64f17c481af11.png

image.png.db338b2209258a17b49713eddafeacc2.png

I wind up with a URL that uses x.com to share the link. No embedding results.

However, if, from that same post's page, I look at the URL in my browser, I see a twitter.com address.

image.thumb.png.3f777fd4786a018c79865039a9e1e817.png

If I copy/cut that address and paste it here, the post embeds.

image.png

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I read earlier today that Musk plans to charge a subscription fee for X going forward. He says one of the main purposes of the subscription fee would be to cut down on bots. Maybe so. I suspect that embedding would be impossible if Twitter (X) ends up behind a paywall. 

If the subscription fee is modest (~$30 annually), I will probably subscribe. I really like that platform and don't know of any viable replacement.

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I read earlier today that Musk plans to charge a subscription fee for X going forward. He says one of the main purposes of the subscription fee would be to cut down on bots. Maybe so. I suspect that embedding would be impossible if Twitter (X) ends up behind a paywall. 

If the subscription fee is modest (~$30 annually), I will probably subscribe. I really like that platform and don't know of any viable replacement.

Bluesky is almost identical to Twitter, same creator, they need to expand access to it though 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.