John Gibson- demands trade

sweetlou

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

EXACTLY.  Kevyn is not going to pay an arm and a leg for a one year rental, and he doesn't want to give Helle a max term extension.

So many people think that this is fantasy sports where you can just arbitrarily put a team together with whatever players you want.  Real life doesn't work that way.

Couldn't agree more about the fantasy sports mentality of many sports fans. They never seem to consider it takes two minimum to make a grade, then there's the multitude of NM/NT clauses and that's to say nothing about cap space now and down the road. So easy being a arm chair GM.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Radar said:

Couldn't agree more about the fantasy sports mentality of many sports fans. They never seem to consider it takes two minimum to make a grade, then there's the multitude of NM/NT clauses and that's to say nothing about cap space now and down the road. So easy being a arm chair GM.

But I exited the game without saving so I knew what combination of 27 trades were required to turn VO and UPL and a couple 1sts into Hellebuyck and Bedard.

Edited by DarthEbriate

I mean, now even guys that are terrible for several years are demanding trades as if they are a hot commodity??

What the hell does he think Anaheim is going to get for him and another team taking on that albatross of a contract, a bag of pucks? A few sticks?

Edited by matter2003

37 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean, now even guys that are terrible for several years are demanding trades as if they are a hot commodity??

What the hell does he think Anaheim is going to get for him and another team taking on that albatross of a contract, a bag of pucks? A few sticks?

Pretty sure he doesn't really care what Anaheim will get for him; he's just tired of having a very poor team in front of him and wants a chance to play for a team that's relevant again.  Fairly shortsighted view IMHO because that team should actually be rejoining the NHL by the time his 4th remaining year is finished.  But careers are short and can't really blame him for only focusing on today and himself.

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure he doesn't really care what Anaheim will get for him; he's just tired of having a very poor team in front of him and wants a chance to play for a team that's relevant again.  Fairly shortsighted view IMHO because that team should actually be rejoining the NHL by the time his 4th remaining year is finished.  But careers are short and can't really blame him for only focusing on today and himself.

That's fair but he has been among the 5 worst goalies in the NHL over the past 3 years so I find it hard to believe someone is going to want that contract unless Anaheim literally pays them to take it with extra draft picks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.