GDT - 5/27/23 - Hershey @ Rochester - Game 3 ECF - 7:05 pm

inkman

39 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

After game 1 Hershey adjusted their game and have shut down the Amerks offense. And their goalie is now dialed in. 

If Hershey wins by playing tackle football the rest of the series (like game three), the league and the sport have a real problem. This isn’t “built physical/tough for the playoffs.”  This is bad hockey.  

Hershey is a better defensive team than ROC. Hershey has a better goaltender. On paper, the Bears should breeze through the series.  
But if we are going to accept the crap we saw tonight and justify that as “playoff hockey,” then the problem is either the officiating or the game itself. 

I am not saying ROC deserved to win tonight, but I am saying that the Bears defense/goaltending don’t need the help of the nonsense being let go by the officials. Also, I’m not the only one who sees it that way (paywall):

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

If Hershey wins by playing tackle football the rest of the series (like game three), the league and the sport have a real problem. This isn’t “built physical/tough for the playoffs.”  This is bad hockey.  

Hershey is a better defensive team than ROC. Hershey has a better goaltender. On paper, the Bears should breeze through the series.  
But if we are going to accept the crap we saw tonight and justify that as “playoff hockey,” then the problem is either the officiating or the game itself. 

I am not saying ROC deserved to win tonight, but I am saying that the Bears defense/goaltending don’t need the help of the nonsense being let go by the officials. Also, I’m not the only one who sees it that way (paywall):

In such an officiating environment, to quote one pundit, "owners love the hook and hold because a thug is as useful as a skilled player and come a lot more cheaply."  I hate hockey when it is officiated like this.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

In such an officiating environment, to quote one pundit, "owners love the hook and hold because a thug is as useful as a skilled player and come a lot more cheaply."  I hate hockey when it is officiated like this.

Unfortunately tonight's game wasn't officiated. It was a free for all for the bigger team. Maybe they are behind on their new "Giant Center" arena payments and need all the revenue they can get to still be able to support an AHL team. 

I was at the game tonight. 

The lack of officiating was a complete embarrassment to the game of hockey. 

Hershey players were flat out tackling Amerks, and not a whistle was to be found. 

That doesn’t even include when a Hershey player shot a puck right over the glass. The 4 blind mice had a huddle about it and somehow concluded it was deflected out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I was at the game tonight. 

The lack of officiating was a complete embarrassment to the game of hockey. 

Hershey players were flat out tackling Amerks, and not a whistle was to be found. 

That doesn’t even include when a Hershey player shot a puck right over the glass. The 4 blind mice had a huddle about it and somehow concluded it was deflected out. 

I can't agree with you more. The officiating was an abomination of how to reg a game. And the non-call on the puck over the glass was just another absolute joke. That is always 100% a penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I can't agree with you more. The officiating was an abomination of how to reg a game. And the non-call on the puck over the glass was just another absolute joke. That is always 100% a penalty. 

It’s just maddening, because this could be a really fun series. The Amerks are clearly faster and more skilled, the Bears are clearly bigger with better D and G. 

The Bears being more physical is fine. Letting them to get away with a penalty or 2, sure, it’s the playoffs. Allowing them to just egregiously commit blatant penalties all game over and over and over - inexplicable. 

An Amerk was skating up the ice with the puck and a Bears player just wrapped his arms around him and stopped him. Nothing. Couldn’t believe it. A literal bear hug. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.