Jump to content

Will Sabres Make the Playoffs In 2022-23?


bob_sauve28
 Share

Will Sabres Break Through And Make The Playoffs in 2022-23 Season?   

67 members have voted

  1. 1. Will They Make The Playoffs?



Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So you have them ~12th? 

Yes and No.  I think those 6 team, especially NYI, CBJ, Buff and Ott are almost too close to call where they finish.  Each of those teams have huge question marks that if answered correctly could vault them over the others.  Can the NYI score enough and how will they play under a new coach? Can Buf and CBJ stop the puck?  How well does Ottawa integrate the new talent.

As I've said 50 times, Comrie's play is the key.  He gives us even decent goaltending, our ability to roll four talented lines is our great advantage and should help us leap over the teams with more "proven" talent.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think 3 things have to happen for the Sabres to make the playoffs:

1) Someone (most likely Cozens or Mittelstadt) has to emerge as a 60-point threat driving a 2nd line with Tuch or Olofsson.

2) Either Comrie or UPL has to take the reins as .915 starter

3) Owen Power will have to have an immediate impact

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think 3 things have to happen for the Sabres to make the playoffs:

1) Someone (most likely Cozens or Mittelstadt) has to emerge as a 60-point threat driving a 2nd line with Tuch or Olofsson.

2) Either Comrie or UPL has to take the reins as .915 starter

3) Owen Power will have to have an immediate impact

 

4.  They have to stay healthier than last year.

They get the sort of injuries they did last year & even those 3 keys likely aren't enough for the 20+ extra points they need to find.  Fortunately, being a very young team, the injury bug can be relatively avoidable.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

4.  They have to stay healthier than last year.

They get the sort of injuries they did last year & even those 3 keys likely aren't enough for the 20+ extra points they need to find.  Fortunately, being a very young team, the injury bug can be relatively avoidable.

Adams talked about this in his presser today. He went to the med staff, sports training staff, and coaches to understand the types of injuries the team was having and to develop a plan to mitigate them and communicate between the 3 groups better to try and produce better outcomes. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Adams talked about this in his presser today. He went to the med staff, sports training staff, and coaches to understand the types of injuries the team was having and to develop a plan to mitigate them and communicate between the 3 groups better to try and produce better outcomes. 

Just got done listening to that.  That was very encouraging.

And hopefully he also got input from the Bills staff & medical as well because they train significantly differently than the rest of the NFL & last year they stayed very healthy.  (And this year they're getting a bunch of injuries, but several of them are of the type (concussion, neck, etc.) that you can't really train away from in live action games.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Just got done listening to that.  That was very encouraging.

And hopefully he also got input from the Bills staff & medical as well because they train significantly differently than the rest of the NFL & last year they stayed very healthy.  (And this year they're getting a bunch of injuries, but several of them are of the type (concussion, neck, etc.) that you can't really train away from in live action games.

I sure hope they avoid injuries, especially on D. I really hope they add some defensive depth before the season begins. A few injuries on the blue line could suck the life out of this season real quick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 1:10 PM, Taro T said:

Just got done listening to that.  That was very encouraging.

And hopefully he also got input from the Bills staff & medical as well because they train significantly differently than the rest of the NFL & last year they stayed very healthy.  (And this year they're getting a bunch of injuries, but several of them are of the type (concussion, neck, etc.) that you can't really train away from in live action games.

Very encouraging indeed. One of the two things I’ve been most pleased to see from Adams along with his doing away with the CHL drafting bias.

Been saying forever the “tough luck, injuries!” approach is maddening and that they need to take a more proactive, responsible approach to the matter. They CAN control some of the outcome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 2:38 PM, bob_sauve28 said:

I sure hope they avoid injuries, especially on D. I really hope they add some defensive depth before the season begins. A few injuries on the blue line could suck the life out of this season real quick. 

Probably looking at Fitzgerald or Pilut as 7, then the other of the two, and then Kale Clague as the first two injury guys right now. Dunno if they’d be looking to add more or just go with AHL guys after that 

Edited by Thorny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Probably looking at Fitzgerald or Pilut as 7, then the other of the two, and then Kale Clague as the first two injury guys right now. Dunno if they’d be looking to add more or just go with AHL guys after that 

I do wish they just offered Pysyk a few more bucks. I thought he was excellent at 7. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...