Gimme Marty on Sunday

Tony P

I think you go to Marty now. You can't hand over a potential Stanley Cup winning team to a rookie goalie and expect him to shut the door. We kept Marty for a reason....use him NOW. Miller has always had a problem shrugging off bad goals. He still is mentally weak imo. Marty has had very good games vs. Philly. He plays with confidence and I too believe inserting him in the game is a wake up call for the defense and the whole team for that matter. Start Biron in game 5 or Ruff and all of us are going to regret it.

Should will pull Derek Roy out of the lineup for firing wide on a penalty shot?

Or maybe yank Max Afinogenov out of there for hitting the post?

How about giving Jay McKee a rest for scoring a few goals with his skate?

Nevermind, everyone that chased Forsberg around in a circle can be a healthy scratch tomorrow.

The last two games have come down to a few bounces that went Philadelphia's way. Blaming the goalie just because he's the easiest target isn't always the solution to the problem.

I think you go to Marty now. You can't hand over a potential Stanley Cup winning team to a rookie goalie and expect him to shut the door. We kept Marty for a reason....use him NOW. Miller has always had a problem shrugging off bad goals. He still is mentally weak imo. Marty has had very good games vs. Philly. He plays with confidence and I too believe inserting him in the game is a wake up call for the defense and the whole team for that matter. Start Biron in game 5 or Ruff and all of us are going to regret it.

Refresh my memory, what big game did Biron have against Philly this year? I mean he has been perfect against Philly this year, but I think the sats might be a little skewed seeing he has only faced one shot.

WTF!!! Bench Miller??? What kind of a joke is this? WTF is wrong with some of you :rolleyes: Calm the eff down. It's 2-2, we aren't down 3-1 or anything. We'll take the next one in Buffalo and then hope for the best in Philly for game 6... we'll still have game 7 if needed. Grier will contain Forsberg.

Just calm down.

OK, I'm back. yes, Brodeur gets a pass because he is Brodeur. 8 years from now when Miller has won 3 cups, a vezina, a gold medal....etc. etc., he'll get a free pass too.

I'm not even gonna argue with you guys who are Miller supporters. I'm a Sabres fan too. I hope he shuts the Flyers out tomorrow. I'll be here to tell you all you were right. And I'll be happy to do it. Here's the deal, if he craps the bed, I'm not even gonna say I told you so.

Oh, by the way, to the guy who said it's not just the goalies fault, you're absolutely correct. unfortunately, Max Afinogenov can make 10 turn-overs a game, Kalinin can miss 5 assignments a game, JP Dumont can fail, 3 times a game to get the puck deep for an on-the-fly line change when Ruff is trying to match the Drury line with the Forsberg line.

But Miller can't let in a goal like Savage scored in game 3 at a critical time. Not even once. That's just the way it is.

Should will pull Derek Roy out of the lineup for firing wide on a penalty shot?

Or maybe yank Max Afinogenov out of there for hitting the post?

How about giving Jay McKee a rest for scoring a few goals with his skate?

Nevermind, everyone that chased Forsberg around in a circle can be a healthy scratch tomorrow.

:lol:

nice...

OK, I'm back. yes, Brodeur gets a pass because he is Brodeur. 8 years from now when Miller has won 3 cups, a vezina, a gold medal....etc. etc., he'll get a free pass too.

I'm not even gonna argue with you guys who are Miller supporters. I'm a Sabres fan too. I hope he shuts the Flyers out tomorrow. I'll be here to tell you all you were right. And I'll be happy to do it. Here's the deal, if he craps the bed, I'm not even gonna say I told you so.

Oh, by the way, to the guy who said it's not just the goalies fault, you're absolutely correct. unfortunately, Max Afinogenov can make 10 turn-overs a game, Kalinin can miss 5 assignments a game, JP Dumont can fail, 3 times a game to get the puck deep for an on-the-fly line change when Ruff is trying to match the Drury line with the Forsberg line.

But Miller can't let in a goal like Savage scored in game 3 at a critical time. Not even once. That's just the way it is.

Well I guess I have some questions. You have stated before that Miller had average numbers this year. Brodeur had pretty much the same numbers (Brodeur had better GAA, Miller had better SV%). I'm not saying that Brodeur is not a good goaltender, but you take away the Scotts from his defense, and you take away the clutching and grabbing, and all of the sudden he is putting up "average" numbers. And he is putting up these numbers on a defensive minded team. So maybe the team around him contributed a lot more to the Vezina and the cups and the gold medal.

By the way, I don't think you can use Brodeur's post season performance this year as an argument yet. He has only played 4 games, most of the time against a lost Jagr-less Rangers (despite Jagr being on the ice for games 3 and 4, he was not Jagr).

Are you saying that you don't think that there weren't one or perhaps two goals that should have been stopped by Miller tonight?

Even Hasek was known to let in a soft goal or two. I say we live or die with Miller. Had we won either of those games by maybe scoring on one or two of the plethora of breakaways we had, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I'm glad that the defense has stepped it up without having to switch goalies. Now they better carry the same focus into Philly.

As I said earlier, the only reason to make the switch was to refocus the defense but I didn't want to risk the Miller's confidence and long term service to the Sabres.

Good win today not only for the current playoff season but for a few to come.

As I said Friday, I'm glad that Miller prooved me wrong in calling for Marty. I supported him all year and want him (and the team) to do well. But as solid as he was today, the D was also vastly improved from game 4 and contributed greatly to the SO.

I hope that they can keep their focus Tuesday night and that Miller comes-up even "larger"! Elimination games are very difficult and especially so against a veteran team like Philly has - on the road to boot.

And so, I must admit that I was wrong in calling for Biron. Miller played well as did the entire team. I read where he plays best when he's angry and that the entire team was angry today as well. Let's hope he's pi$$ed as hell on Tuesday!!

Well ...?

I'm back. Rabbits don't like to eat crow, it's crows that like to eat rabbits. It's not bad. It's like tough, pungent chicken.

Isn't that something, I mentioned a Miller shut-out, and that's exactly what he got. Shocker. I can learn to be a Miller fan with zeros behind his name.

Ahhh, but it looks like Ottawa next. Can he beat Emery?

For as hard as I've been on Miller, I did pick him in one of my pools, I was very happy with the shut-out!!

I'm back. Rabbits don't like to eat crow, it's crows that like to eat rabbits. It's not bad. It's like tough, pungent chicken.

Isn't that something, I mentioned a Miller shout-out, and that's exactly what he got. Shocker. I can learn to be a Miller fan with zeros behind his name.

Ahhh, but it looks like Ottawa next. Can he beat Emery?

For as hard as I've been on Miller, I did pick him in one of my pools, I was very happy with the shut-out!!

It's hardly like you weren't pulling for the team. Good for the shutout; glad the defense protected Miller & helped him have a good confidence-building game.

Archived