GAME FOUR DISCUSSION

Corp000085

Didn't like the 4th goal, but not much he could do on the Forsberg goal - not gonna stop many players in the league when they get a run at a shot from that close, let alone one of the top players in the world...

We have waaaaay too many players that are non-factors tonight, not just Max & Miller - what about Connolly, Drury, Kotalik, Grier...

Sabres better win the next game or they are done. Miller so far in his young career does not seem like big game goaltender. He needs to take his game to another level for this team to make a deep run. That goes for any successful playoff team, obviously.

and with that, its over... at least friggin umberger didn't get the GWG.

This sets up a game 6. a brilliant performance by the sabres and the flyers are toast. a so-so performance by either team, and it could very well go to seven. a crappy performance by the sabres, and this thing is over. The sabres gave up when they went up 2-0. I'm very pissed right now.

hmmm, i'm officially scared sh*tless. this SERIES now could go either way. what a golden opportunity crapped away by our defense and yes, ryan miller.

Philly owns this series by now.

Miller has stunk it up royally at the most crucial of moments in game 3 and 4, and while Philly have been exceptionally lucky, we should've STILL put them away!

Make no mistake, Philly will KEEP getting bounces, and Miller will KEEP stinking it up - The Sabres need to convert on some of their friggin' scoring chances!!

Miller = very soft tonight when his team could least afford it. Defense not excused but to win in the playoffs, GT must be strong to superb. Miller isn't making the grade. My vote goes to Marty fo game 5.

Like chicken soup when you have a cold...

way to overreact, guys. alright. the series is NOT over. there's seven games. need i remind you that two games ago philly was one of the worst teams to ever make the playoffs? the sabres will regroup. the sabres will regroup and they will not lose two more games like tonight. remember pittsburgh in 2001? thats how much and how swiftly a series can jerk back and forth. we're gonna win this. its just gonna be a lot more difficult than the four or five games we were all thinking. miller can play. max can play. im not gonna necessarily say miller will finish the series, but im willing to bet he will.

all this is now is best of three. the series is even. even means both teams have an equal chance of winning. this season was 82 games long and we know a lot more about this team than just tonight shows us. and while 82 games doesnt necessarily mean anything come playoffs, 2 games don't win series either way. we know that now.

Well, Filly outplayed the Sabres tonight and deserve the win. (I don't have the same assessment of game 3.) My fear coming out of game 3 with Forsberg having all the FLUKE luck go his way was that he would wake up, and unfortunately it does look like he did.

Buffalo, with the last change, can definitely bounce back next game. I will be nervous IF the Phlyers take the lead, but I would definitely liked to have been able to finish it Sunday.

With luck, Danny will wake up next game, having had the fluke luck go his way this game. I actually was very surprised in that, as like last game, the Sabres came out of the gate better than Filly but then let Filly take the mid portions of the game. I honestly thought that with the Sabres speed that they would maintain an advantage once they got it. Apparently, the Sabres are the young team we realized they are. The good thing is, they have outplayed the Phlyers 3 out of 4 games and have the extra game at home. Game 5 is HUGE. If the Sabres win (and I expect them to win), they WILL win the series (probably in 6).

I am disappointed that the Sabres gave away a 2 goal lead, but Filly did outplay them tonight and deserved the win.

It's not over....But we have to stop playing Philly's game, and get back to our game....too many stupid penalties tonight...we can't play goon hockey, it just doesnt work for us.

Can someone just play a loop of Herb Brooks on the bench?

"Play Your Game!"