Is Skinner now our Brad Marchand?

GASabresIUFAN

13 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Maybe Skinners doesn't cross the line, but his antics do get under the other team's skin and disrupt their concentration on the game.  We have waited for years for a pest who drives the other team crazy both with his play and attitude.  Maybe Skinner is the player finally cast in that role.  So he isn't the cheap punk that Marchand is, but maybe he is the Indiana Jones to Marchand's Dr. Rene Belloq.  

A deep Indiana Jones reference.  Intrigued I am…

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I was never a Skinner fan, but I think the poster you are thinking of was @TrueBlueGED.

One of several good posters we seemed to have lost over these dark years. Be great if the is team starts bringing back some voices, and bringing in some new ones.

Ahh yes.  It probably was TrueBlue.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Weave said:

I probably misremembered the poster that was reluctantly on board with Skinner being here because of his rep as a diver with Carolina.  Now I’m not sure who it was if it wasn’t you.

I remember being happy with acquiring Skinner precisely because of that. 

16 minutes ago, Xzy89c said:

If we are lucky, a team buys this performance and trades for him.  He is far too weak a defensive player for consideration as a top player.  If he does not score in a game he is a negative.  Even when he does he sometimes is a negative

It’s interesting that you mention his defense.  The Athletic has these “hockey card” for each team.  Their cards for the Sabres are very interesting.  They show how poor both Tage and Skins are defensively.  They place Skins at a market value of only $5.7 mill.  I doubt someone is taking him off our hands.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.