Some Lineup Changes for April 15th

Brawndo

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

might also be a test for VO. See what he does on the big line. If he can't score (a lot) there, they might want to move on from him or bring that up in negotiations. 

VO-TT and Skinner started the year together and this is when VO had his strong start. 

l think this is more a test with Cozens to see if he is more of a 2 or 3C as we move along. Mitts has a higher offensive upside and they also want to push Krebs along.

44 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

I would include Hiney also. He’s almost a .5ppg player with speed, if there is no upgrade out there. 

I find it really hard to believe there wasn’t value to be had in trading Miller. What a giant waste of time he has been. 

KA probably asked for too much and then the window closed as teams went to other options. Biggest issue of all though was probably the salary. Sabres probably weren't willing to eat money making that deal next to impossible. 

47 minutes ago, jsb said:

VO-TT and Skinner started the year together and this is when VO had his strong start. 

l think this is more a test with Cozens to see if he is more of a 2 or 3C as we move along. Mitts has a higher offensive upside and they also want to push Krebs along.

If I remember correctly it was Asplund and not Skinner. Skinner got moved back up the line up later in the year. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

If I remember correctly it was Asplund and not Skinner. Skinner got moved back up the line up later in the year. 

Correct.  It was "that 70's Line."

54 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Well I guess I'd say the shuffle was successful.

This is as much about Granato learning how to juggle lines as it is about the actual chemistry on the ice.  Remember he's still a rookie as an NHL head coach.

Maybe.  Hard to say.  Filly's been hot garbage since trading Giroux.  (Not that they were good before that, but ... )

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Well I guess I'd say the shuffle was successful.

This is as much about Granato learning how to juggle lines as it is about the actual chemistry on the ice.  Remember he's still a rookie as an NHL head coach.

idk. I didn't think Tuch and Mitts worked all that well and although Skinner and Thompson played well I don't think the line was as good as it has been with Tuch. 

I'm really not sure about Mitts at this point. At times his skills show but at other times he seems very ineffective. If they really want to experiment (and why not?) I'd like to see Krebs at center with Mitts on the wing. 

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

idk. I didn't think Tuch and Mitts worked all that well and although Skinner and Thompson played well I don't think the line was as good as it has been with Tuch. 

I'm really not sure about Mitts at this point. At times his skills show but at other times he seems very ineffective. If they really want to experiment (and why not?) I'd like to see Krebs at center with Mitts on the wing. 

My goodness is DG going to have a lot of options available to him to construct lines next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.