Devon Levi Wins Mike Richter Award for Best College Goaltender and NCAA Rookie of the Year

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Congrats on the Richter Devon!

It’s a weird consolation prize. He’s the best goalie yet another goalie wins the Hobey Baker.

I don’t mind it so much.  McKay has had a great career and the Hobey is often a career award.  McKay had the best career while Levi was the best goalie this season. 

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t mind it so much.  McKay has had a great career and the Hobey is often a career award.  McKay had the best career while Levi was the best goalie this season. 

Levi may never win it, he won’t play 4 years of NCAA hockey.

As someone stated earlier, it would have been interesting to see those two goalies switch teams.

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Levi may never win it, he won’t play 4 years of NCAA hockey.

As someone stated earlier, it would have been interesting to see those two goalies switch teams.

McKay is an excellent college goalie.  He had 4 years with a sub 1.8 gaa and a 930+ save %.  He’d be good on any team.  He’ll probably be a solid pro as well. His numbers are considerably better then guys like Andrew Hammond or Aaron Dell who carved out solid pro careers including significant NHL time.

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

McKay is an excellent college goalie.  He had 4 years with a sub 1.8 gaa and a 930+ save %.  He’d be good on any team.  He’ll probably be a solid pro as well. His numbers are considerably better then guys like Andrew Hammond or Aaron Dell who carved out solid pro careers including significant NHL time.

You know what the sub 1.8gaa tells me? He plays on a team that is very good defensively because that's not a goalie stat.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You know what the sub 1.8gaa tells me? He plays on a team that is very good defensively because that's not a goalie stat.

For 4 straight years with very good to excellent save% each season?  No college team is that consistently good on defense. For the last 3 years he’s had 30 shutouts, only 12 total losses and save% ranging from .924 to 942. He is an excellent college goalie and it isn’t really debatable.  I don’t think he is as good as Levi and he might be to small to be an NHLer, but he could be as good as Tokar, Hammond or Dell in the pros.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:29 PM, French Collection said:

If McKay is better than Levi then he should have cleaned up and won the Richter as well.

Levi: 31.89 SA/60

McKay: 19.04 SA/60

What Levi did this year was truly special and McKay wasn't in the same ballpark. In fact no one was in the same ballpark considering the shot totals Levi saw. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Levi: 31.89 SA/60

McKay: 19.04 SA/60

What Levi did this year was truly special and McKay wasn't in the same ballpark. In fact no one was in the same ballpark considering the shot totals Levi saw. 

And the scary part is Levi doesn’t think he is good enough yet.

Sometimes you just get a special feeling watching a goalie play that he will be great I think that is what we are looking at with Levi.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.