BLUE & GOLD is BACK or NOT

PTS

Guest Kristian

Blue and Gold....

Man that, would be like meeting an old dear friend you haven't seen or heard from in years.

Win or lose, The Three Stooges, Marty smiling at the post-game interview after letting in 4 sofites in the third - I don't care, ditching the current scheme for Blue and Gold, even in an updated version, would mean something to me.

yea im with inkman i like the red and black jerseys alot actually... but if times must change then times must change... which means its time to buy new hockey jerseys!!!!!!!! nice! can't wait to see what they look like... i hope there a nice dark navy blue with a nice deep yellow... that would be awsome.

Doesn't anyone see this as trying to re-live better days?

Move on, move forward don't try and go back to the past. We don't have the French connection anymore, Hasek is gone and the NHL is a whole new world.

Oooh ooh I know, why don't we bring back no forward passes and allow goalies not to wear helmets if they don't want to, they were the good old days :rolleyes:

Let's hope the sabre is true to the original design -- sleek and sharp, best suited for sliding through the opponent's rib cage and piercing his heart, not for slashing through the jungle or hacking rope on a pirate ship. In other words, NO BUTTER KNIVES!

Let's go Buffalo!

Doesn't anyone see this as trying to re-live better days?

Move on, move forward don't try and go back to the past. We don't have the French connection anymore, Hasek is gone and the NHL is a whole new world.

Oooh ooh I know, why don't we bring back no forward passes and allow goalies not to wear helmets if they don't want to, they were the good old days :rolleyes:

This is the impression I get, and one of the reasons the move irks me.

I would like you to meet my good friend, sarcasm.  Say hello.

Sorry, your sarcasm font looks just like the normal font.

And my post was to clear up confusion for those who were blacked out, and the only source of information they had was this board. Your post was more than a little confusing to them, I'm sure.

Guest Vegas4BOC

Why did everyone think they were going to wear Blue & Gold? The NHL has specific rules about that. In fact, the league marketing people need the advance notice so that they can supply stores and merchandisers all teams latest jerseys/styles in time for the beginning of the season.

It will be next season when we get the original color scheme back....and I can't wait !!

BTW, everyone just chill about Ryan Miller. Let him get in the groove of a few games. Geez, one shot and everyone wants to yank the kid.....the Sabres WON !!!!

-Mark?

well im glad we still have the Red and Black i grew up following this team with the red and black jerseys and theme... i like it... yea the logo doesn't fit the name but hey i think these jerseys are sharp... however i do have plans to accquire both vintage ones and any new ones that may show up.

The Sabres can't change the uniforms for this season.

And they won't announce a major change too far in advance because it will kill retail sales of all the "old" gear.

They might be able to get in on the NHL retro package and wear B&G a few times this year in throwback nights, but that's about it.

I so dearly hope that they do come back with a modernized Blue and Gold look.

I hate the present jerseys, hated them since the very 1st day the unveiled them. I rememeber my dissapointment when they finally unveiled them.

I personlaly do not want to return to the original blue and gold, but I do want the majority of a new blue and gold design to represent the original well.

HOCKEY IS FINALLY BACK !!!!!

I so dearly hope that they do come back with a modernized Blue and Gold look.

I hate the present jerseys, hated them since the very 1st day the unveiled them. I rememeber my dissapointment when they finally unveiled them.

I personlaly do not want to return to the original blue and gold, but I do want the majority of a new blue and gold design to represent the original well.

HOCKEY IS FINALLY BACK !!!!!

Finally someone who I agree with on this thread ...

Okay .. I'm a Sabres fan since expansion

I remember going to the AUD before they raised the roof and capacity from 10,000 to 16,433

Used to be the Browns ... Reds .... Blues .. and Grays for the seating at the Aud

I hate the original logo and uniforms .... BORING !~

The home uniform especially .. I could somewhat tolerate the away uniform in the blue

The new logo and colors I'm not in love with either ... Don't know why all these teams have had a fixation with the color black

If we're gonna change, PLEASE DO NOT go back to the originals as they were, and definitely not that Buffalo logo with the 2 swords

Best uniform ever is the Buffalo Hockey Bisons of the 60's with the Pepsi styled logo .. kept until 1969/1970 when we won the Calder Cup

Now those were cool !

B-)

Archived